Thursday, February 2, 2012

and so on


I love my junior high kids (we have such a laugh) and the proof is in the pudding regarding how well students can do in English when the curriculum is loaded with the conversation side of things, like what our junior high offers, at least until 2013, when it's gonna close forever, which is the dumbest move this school could ever have made.
Sigh.
I was really crap at getting off the ski lift and came a cropper 5  times. This one guy would keep his finger on the emergency stop button when he saw me coming. 'Oh no, not her again!'

Anyway, I'm conducting an experiment during this last short semester by giving the first year high school kids the same prints that I'm using in the junior high classes and the younger kids are wayyyyyyy better and know so much more vocabulary, can read more clearly and with confidence, and so on, and yes, this is a boring post, but yay for the jun. high kids, which is what I tell them every day
Yay. You are all great. Never forget that.

Where was I?
Oh yes, stories from the piste.

I loved the skiing but the muscles in my thighs really hurt sometimes.
I'd have to stop and do a funny looking stretch half way down a hill.

What I love about skiing is that everybody is having such a damn good time.

Everybody is smiling.
Everybody is having a chuckle about their own tumbles and the tumbles of others.
Africa Cream

There's just so much good energy on the slopes.
I really do love it.

I got myself into an awkward situation at one point though, when I wanted the snow to melt and swallow me whole.
$20 ski wear. It was warm and comfortable and the 100 pockets came in very handy. I put hot packs in each pocket.  If I lay down in the snow for too long, I started to melt the snow.

I caught up with a snowboarder at the ski lift, I thought he was wearing a 'wig hat', I said,
 'I really love your wig hat', and he said, 'It's my real hair.' and I was like, 'Oops, sorry.'


Then it was lunchtime but before lunch I had sipped from mini bottles of fruit-based liquor and omfg, the black cherry one was to die for.

I tell ya, Kirsch beverages go well with ski lifts.

I had my lunch on the piste at 4700 feet.

It was a Bento in a Blizzard.

10 minutes after I'd finished lunch, the sun came out.

Go figure.

1 comment:

Rhys said...

It looks like Ontario.