Thursday, February 2, 2012

what happens when people talk about pointless shite



I just bumped into one of the teachers whilst in the tea room.
As per usual, a dumb conversation ensued.
Pointing at my skirt, she said,

 'Aren't you cold? You always used to wear pants.'    (I've had this conversation 16,000 times so far this year with teachers in this school)

'Yes, I did, but actually I don't like pants, I prefer skirts.'

More drivel about 'aren't you cold though' and me saying, 'I'm wearing 2 pairs of tights, inner wear, a sweater, hot packs in me bloomers, a jacket' and so on.

Then she says,
'Don't you worry about wearing that skirt when you are cycling to school?'    (What she really wants to say is, 'Your skirt is too short, bitch!)
and I'm thinking, 'Wtf is this conversation actually about?'
so replied,

'I actually think about more important things than my fcking skirt and feeling cold while cycling to school.
I think about all the crap happening in the world.
I think about the evil Obama who is a willing cohort with unelected equal evils and all my duped gullible friends who still think he's the bees knees. I think about Food Terrorism. I think about Iran...'

She interjects, 'Yes, Iran is very bad. They want the nuclear bomb'


HUGE SIGH.
Not one to let her get away with this SHEEPLE view of Iran, I reminded her that what she watches on the TV news is a load of bollox.


Anyway, I doubt she will ever bring up what I'm wearing ever again.
Bwahhahahahaaha.

4 comments:

Rhys said...

Isn't that the Japanese way, though? To avoid direct criticism in favour of indirect, leading queries?

I watched this one day in action at my local Japanese food store (yes, I have one of those). A woman wanted to return something either off or otherwise deficit and the roundabout series of unnecessary questions and evasions that followed caused me to snicker. It also reinforced my opinion that Japanese is not a language to convey meaning, it's a barometer to gauge emotional impact. God knows how they became an industrial power, engineering being naturally a fairly direct and unambiguous pursuit.

222 said...

Yeah, but this 'Japanese way' gets so fcking old.
It's not even 'clever'.
Just predictable.
And they claim to be so 'mysterious', that we gaijin will never really understand them, which is bullshit, we figure them out real quick.

Rhys said...

After the initial setbacks, much of the success of the Allied against the Japanese in WWII was not so much due to superior forces, althought that obviously came into play, but because the mentality of the Japanese command structure, and the disincentive to demonstrate innovative military thinking, allowed the more enterprising Allied commanders to bugger them up severely with hit-and-run tactics and a generally Vandal-inspired approach to warfare.

Things don't actually change that quickly in cultures. I'm pretty sure many "tall poppies" in Japan get lopped off for their affrontery.

222 said...

Yep, those tall poppies do get lopped, it is a fact.