I often find that the comments from one of two 'anons', who always have something mean to say because of their respective miserable existences, usually wind up backfiring because they indirectly get me thinking about something positive in my life.
Like how I'm a Fashion Leader.
For example, posting this photo below
reminded me that in just over 6 weeks time, I will be having at least two hours of massage a day.
Yeah baby!
You see, the pink stripey pants I'm wearing, were a gift from my 'local' massage parlour in Bangkok, and boy will they be surprised to see me again.
I love those ladies.
I'm suddenly so excited and happy to be reminded about the massages.
I hadn't thought about them until seeing the photo.
So thanks, anon, for the jolt of happiness you just gave me, even though your initial intention was to make me feel like a loser for not dressing like every other mo'fcker on the planet.
And may I remind you that my entire outfit usually costs less than your British Home Stores Elasticated Slacks.
Whilst on the topic of Thailand, I was in touch with Wee-san today, owner of the hotel I will stay at in the 'Kok and friend since 2009.

If possible, I wouldn't mind going to stay at their house in Ayuttaya for a bit too, especially if I can get a bike to beetle around on.
Anyway, I'm gonna be booking my one-way to Bangkok asap, and start thinking more deeply about all those $4 an hour massages that await me.
Thanks anon.
You've really made my evening.
xxx
Like how I'm a Fashion Leader.
For example, posting this photo below
reminded me that in just over 6 weeks time, I will be having at least two hours of massage a day.
Yeah baby!
You see, the pink stripey pants I'm wearing, were a gift from my 'local' massage parlour in Bangkok, and boy will they be surprised to see me again.
I love those ladies.
I'm suddenly so excited and happy to be reminded about the massages.
I hadn't thought about them until seeing the photo.
So thanks, anon, for the jolt of happiness you just gave me, even though your initial intention was to make me feel like a loser for not dressing like every other mo'fcker on the planet.
And may I remind you that my entire outfit usually costs less than your British Home Stores Elasticated Slacks.
| Sananwan Palace, Bangkok |
Whilst on the topic of Thailand, I was in touch with Wee-san today, owner of the hotel I will stay at in the 'Kok and friend since 2009.

If possible, I wouldn't mind going to stay at their house in Ayuttaya for a bit too, especially if I can get a bike to beetle around on.
Anyway, I'm gonna be booking my one-way to Bangkok asap, and start thinking more deeply about all those $4 an hour massages that await me.
Thanks anon.
You've really made my evening.
xxx
7 comments:
Despite the fact that I'm just a little more than knee-deep in 'the default', I do still remember what it is like to encounter people whose lives are entrenched in the daily flow. They tend to speak quickly and be concerned with things that really don't seem to matter until I've been brought up to speed. Where you are heading in the near future is more real than the illusion most of us are living in (and don't even know it). Somebody's got to do it, might as well be you. Enjoy!
Where do you get your basil? I spend most of my time in Tokyo and have such trouble finding it. (Photo of your great looking soup from last post.)
You are my personal fashion icon.
You are the only Brit I know with (apparently) all your teeth. It's a win-win, really.
R
Actually, I don't!
LOL.
I lost a molar to a wine gum outside the Manchester Art Museum in 1990, the day before my finals at university started.
Bwhahahahaaha.
One of my front teeth also fell out twice when I landed on my teeth twice in bike wrecks.
LOL.
Anon..your comment made me smile. So innocent about basil.
I know, I've hit the jackpot moving to this side of town.
JUSCO has basil.
198 yen for a huge bag but I always get it when it's come down in price to 100 yen and is on the bargain shelf thing.
198 yen is still damn cheap for fresh, though.
Thanks Sig. ;)
Thanks Will, I enjoy your comments cos they are nice.
:)
I bought basil here for $1.49 for a "bunch" (about enough to make pesto for six). That's pretty decent for basil in the winter.
One thing that's been getting more expensive is bread and crackers and anything wheat-based. That Paleo "club your own dinner" diet is looking better every day.
I've been reading about Paleo recently, too.
In Japan, meat is still much cheaper than in The Steaks, but dairy has gone up, which I don't touch here because it's Japanese diary and probably radioactive.
I buy foreign meat.
Post a Comment