Sunday, February 5, 2012

this post was sponsored by the fashion house of Plada

I finally woke up at a decent time this week - 4am - instead of 1am or 2am.
It's Sunday. I hope it goes really slowly.
Then again, this coming week is a 3.5 day week, with a half day on Monday.
Yeah!
Where's the enema bag? (I really need to name it- it is like a pet, after all)

I have a lot of empire-releated tasks to complete before leaving though.
I ticked a couple of things off the list two weeks ago, felt good about myself for doing so, then stopped.

I shouldn't have stopped. I shoulda kept on the roll.

Oh yes, tomorrow night I am interviewing the prospective new teacher at a local bar/restaurant during Happy Hour.
I gave this 'Jerome' hand-woven shawl to Kazuyo last year. Got it for $3 at a recycle shop. It's a one-off designer thing. I contacted the designer and told her about my purchase. I said I'd wear it all over the world but I never really wore it in the end because it drew too much attention to myself.  Anyway, it had Kazuyo stamped all over it. She loves it. I've given her some lovely finds over the years. A floor length bottle green velvet jacket. A naturally-dyed red Tibetan jacket. Other stuff.

And on V-Day - which in Japan is all about the man and the man only, only he gets the fcking chocolate etc - I am meeting up with Kazuyo and her daughter to go out to eat at the above mentioned Izakaya.

Jerome, Arizona in 1953, before all the poncy art galleries and designer shops arrived

12 comments:

ROICS said...

Nice legs for an attention seeking old bird! mwahaha

222 said...

Yeah, they are the only thing I have going for me.
Nickname in school was 'Ruler Legs'.
;)

Rhys said...

"Ruler Legs" is a feeble insult. "Do those reach behind your head?" is better and more subtle, really, if implying one is a contortionist in the sack can be considered subtle.

I have a funny anecdote here but I think I'll save it for "in person". So avoid balloon-sellers. Enjoy Happy Hour.

ROICS said...

Nah, you have more going for you than that. You don't think I look in here for the cookery do you?

Me too with the legs thing, all 35" of them, I should be a cross dresser. hmmmm, now there's a thought.

judith said...

You should name the enema bag Emmajean. Or if you think that it should have a male name, Ernest. My retainer was named Bruce. I couldn't leave home without Bruce or I wouldn't be able to sleep.

222 said...

Na, not Emmajean.

Hmm, let's see.
I'm very fond of it.
I'm sure it will come to me one day whilst releasing.
;)

judith said...

A few years after I started following you, your pictures showed you wearing thigh high socks and boots. Two years later it's the rage over here!!!! Now even the women my age are wearing knee high socks with boots, another one of your fashion firsts. You and my daughter both live on the cutting edge of fashion. Anyone who disagrees is bound to eat their words in about 18 months.

222 said...

He he Judith.
When I was in Mexico, the owner of the local bar, this hot Mexican chick, who always dressed so perfectly, came over to me, and said, (I was wearing my usual garb, same skess every day,boots)
'You always look so cool, so effortlessly cool, I really like your style. I'm gonna dress like you.'

It was funny cos I just wear the same thing day in day out. LOL.

222 said...

p.s I love how anon's comment totally backfired on her.

Rhys said...

How do you know anon is a her?

222 said...

I answered this elsewhere. Doh.

Rhys said...

OK. I can't go back that far. Frequently a weekend's blogging from you means "older posts" is everything prior to Friday morning. It's easy to miss stuff, I'm sure.