If I have one regret this year (out of millions) then it will be have been being too tight with my money to have taken the plunge to buy bath salts costing 398 yen, instead of always going for the cheaper 178 yen salts.
I fcked up.
These new bath salts are da bomb.
The scent of Japanese Cypress is divine.
The quality of the 'nigori' (milkiness) gets 10 out of 10.
The water becomes really soft.
You also need very little - 15g, as opposed to 30g with the cheaper salts - to draw a bath sent from heaven.
If there is one thing I'm going to miss upon reaching Freedom, it's going to be Japanese baths.
That is for sure.
By the way, in Japan an entire family will use the same bath water of an evening.
Indeed, quite often the same water is reheated the following day. (A lot of families have baths with inbuilt heating devices)
It is tradition to allow the father to take the first dip, what with him having in the past been the main breadwinner.
I asked my two English Club students who takes the first bath in their respective households these days.
One kid said the father.
The other kid said, 'Ew, I always go before my father'.
The latter is more common these days.
Right.
Time to dry my hair, get on my bike, and teach the last classes of the week.
At least it's stopped raining. I got soaked coming home last night.
| Just say no to cheap ass bath salts |
I fcked up.
These new bath salts are da bomb.
The scent of Japanese Cypress is divine.
The quality of the 'nigori' (milkiness) gets 10 out of 10.
The water becomes really soft.
You also need very little - 15g, as opposed to 30g with the cheaper salts - to draw a bath sent from heaven.
If there is one thing I'm going to miss upon reaching Freedom, it's going to be Japanese baths.
That is for sure.
By the way, in Japan an entire family will use the same bath water of an evening.
Indeed, quite often the same water is reheated the following day. (A lot of families have baths with inbuilt heating devices)
It is tradition to allow the father to take the first dip, what with him having in the past been the main breadwinner.
I asked my two English Club students who takes the first bath in their respective households these days.
One kid said the father.
The other kid said, 'Ew, I always go before my father'.
The latter is more common these days.
Right.
Time to dry my hair, get on my bike, and teach the last classes of the week.
At least it's stopped raining. I got soaked coming home last night.
1 comment:
I don't understand the Japanese bath. Why do they all use the same water? Conservation? Ok, that's fine, but do they have to ration water that extremely? They have heated bathtubs? Awesome!
Post a Comment