Gah, I woke up way too early this morning because of The Ibiki Hito. (The Snorer)
At least it's Friday!
Anyway this morning's 4:54am topic will be about 'Health'.
As you might know by now, I have been lurking on 'parenting' sites just to see what it's really like to have kids/be married/the whole bamboozle, which was the name of the first ferrocement boat that I put an offer in for, way back in early 2005, but which the owner wouldn't budge on offer-wise - it was a straight 50k or fck off - so I didn't buy it in the end, even though Indonesia would have been a great place to start cruising.

I'm tigressing.
Health.
I have noticed from reading the parenting sites that nearly every single poster has a moderate to serious health problem.
These are women my age, older, but mostly younger.
It's very rare for an Original Post to not include some reference to, 'on top of all this, I suffer from d'is or d'at condition'.
It made me think (and I touch wood a lot regarding my health and how lucky I am)*touchwoodagain* that I'm damn lucky to feel as good as I feel, indeed *touch wood* again, I have zero health complaints.
*touch wood*
No aches, no pains, no nuffin'.
And it made me wonder, why?
Is it because I watch what I eat and drink?
I do coffee enemas?
Olive oil instead of generic vegetable oil.
Water instead of soft drinks.
Real meat instead of sausages(unless camping).
Red wine instead of Cinzano Bianco.
And so on.
Is it because I don't drive a car and instead get on my bike daily?
Or is it because I never had kids? I'm on about the health problems that can come following childbirth.
I don't know why I feel so damn healthy compared to 98% of posters on the parenting site, but I just want to say, 'Thank You God' for allowing me to live, so far, a pain-free life.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not linking parenthood to bad health, I'm just noticing that a lot of my fellow Brits appear to be blighted health-wise, at least on that site. But as Duder mentioned, it's probably because they are sat at home most of the time, on the computer, and so on.
Anyway I truly appreciate my health and I hope it lasts.

In other news, but still on the topic of 'parenting', I am disgusted at just how many men are walking out on their marriages and their children because being a parent/being married 'holds them back'.
Like wtf.
This one guy wants to leave his wife and kids because he 'can't watch what he wants to watch on TV'.
Moreover, heaps of wives or partners lament that their significant others are on the computer all the time, gaming/FB'ing/etc and are rarely spending time with their kids, or with them, the spouse, and a lot of the time these men are looking at porn, too.
Uh. Porn is a deal breaker for me.
If I discovered my guy looking at porn, you wouldn't see me for dust.
I tell ya, if you're a young'un reading this blog, and you're sitting on the fence as to whether or not to take the plunge into marriage/having kids, then please, please think more than twice about how much you love the person you are with, especially if you are a woman, as it seems that a lot of the women 'over there', claim to have 'been held hostage by their ovaries', which led to them settling down with men who didn't quite fit their wants and needs to begin with, but, 'as the clock was ticking', so to speak (don't people have an imagination anymore; life isn't just about 'having kids' ), they took the plunge to later regret it down the line.
And boy oh boy, there's a lot of misery out there. My worst nightmare is their dream.
Similarly many of the men posting on the site also seem to be regretting things down the line, but with the men it's usually a rant about how they haven't had sex since 'dc was born' (dear child), but then they usually go on to say, 'Well, she was never really into it anyway', and I'm like, 'Well, why did you marry this person in the first place then!!?'
I just don't get it.
I also don't get this boring post.
At least it's Friday!
Anyway this morning's 4:54am topic will be about 'Health'.
As you might know by now, I have been lurking on 'parenting' sites just to see what it's really like to have kids/be married/the whole bamboozle, which was the name of the first ferrocement boat that I put an offer in for, way back in early 2005, but which the owner wouldn't budge on offer-wise - it was a straight 50k or fck off - so I didn't buy it in the end, even though Indonesia would have been a great place to start cruising.
I'm tigressing.
Health.
I have noticed from reading the parenting sites that nearly every single poster has a moderate to serious health problem.
These are women my age, older, but mostly younger.
It's very rare for an Original Post to not include some reference to, 'on top of all this, I suffer from d'is or d'at condition'.
It made me think (and I touch wood a lot regarding my health and how lucky I am)*touchwoodagain* that I'm damn lucky to feel as good as I feel, indeed *touch wood* again, I have zero health complaints.
*touch wood*
No aches, no pains, no nuffin'.
And it made me wonder, why?
Is it because I watch what I eat and drink?
I do coffee enemas?
Olive oil instead of generic vegetable oil.
Water instead of soft drinks.
Real meat instead of sausages(unless camping).
Red wine instead of Cinzano Bianco.
And so on.
Is it because I don't drive a car and instead get on my bike daily?
Or is it because I never had kids? I'm on about the health problems that can come following childbirth.
I don't know why I feel so damn healthy compared to 98% of posters on the parenting site, but I just want to say, 'Thank You God' for allowing me to live, so far, a pain-free life.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not linking parenthood to bad health, I'm just noticing that a lot of my fellow Brits appear to be blighted health-wise, at least on that site. But as Duder mentioned, it's probably because they are sat at home most of the time, on the computer, and so on.
Anyway I truly appreciate my health and I hope it lasts.
In other news, but still on the topic of 'parenting', I am disgusted at just how many men are walking out on their marriages and their children because being a parent/being married 'holds them back'.
Like wtf.
This one guy wants to leave his wife and kids because he 'can't watch what he wants to watch on TV'.
Moreover, heaps of wives or partners lament that their significant others are on the computer all the time, gaming/FB'ing/etc and are rarely spending time with their kids, or with them, the spouse, and a lot of the time these men are looking at porn, too.
Uh. Porn is a deal breaker for me.
If I discovered my guy looking at porn, you wouldn't see me for dust.
I tell ya, if you're a young'un reading this blog, and you're sitting on the fence as to whether or not to take the plunge into marriage/having kids, then please, please think more than twice about how much you love the person you are with, especially if you are a woman, as it seems that a lot of the women 'over there', claim to have 'been held hostage by their ovaries', which led to them settling down with men who didn't quite fit their wants and needs to begin with, but, 'as the clock was ticking', so to speak (don't people have an imagination anymore; life isn't just about 'having kids' ), they took the plunge to later regret it down the line.
And boy oh boy, there's a lot of misery out there. My worst nightmare is their dream.
Similarly many of the men posting on the site also seem to be regretting things down the line, but with the men it's usually a rant about how they haven't had sex since 'dc was born' (dear child), but then they usually go on to say, 'Well, she was never really into it anyway', and I'm like, 'Well, why did you marry this person in the first place then!!?'
I just don't get it.
I also don't get this boring post.
13 comments:
neither do I
Well, as long as you have your health, I wouldn't worry too much.
Perhaps the ones who are posting in the first place are the chronic complainers, drudges and drama queens who are still miffed that, despite a utter absence of talent, they've never been called a feeble slag on "Britain's Got Talent and Chavs".
That seems to be where the aspirational bar is set these days in Blighty. That and waiting for the next riot to break out to pop round the shops for a spot of looting.
My point is that people actually enjoying their kids and being parents are very unlikely to talk about it. They just do it. Otherwise, it would be like drinking a cool pint on a hot day at an AA meeting...rubbing their noses in it.
In my experience, the last thing you give to a typical Brit is a reason to envy you. There's a reason "schadenfreude" was taken so rapidly into the English language...no other people on earth take such pleasure in the misery of their fellow citizens.
And the French, of course.
I realise that, r.
The site is going to attract those who have problems.
I am still surprised, however, that health problems abound, and I believe that this is because of Food Terrorism, slothing in front of the telly, and more.
For sure, there are plenty of happy families out there, I see them on the weekends, stuck in traffic, on their way to the shopping mall, but this is Japan, where most folks have to survive in cities and towns.
Where you are there's more chance to be outdoors, leading to a happier and healthier family life.
Moreover, you are an intelligent father, with an intelligent wife, so are more likely to succeed at parenthood/life, than the rabble who feed off Reality TV and buy shoes with red soles.
Yeah what Rhys said. Plus I wonder how many of those health complaints are self diagnosed. Half the people I know with "health issues" are diagnosed by Dr Google. I guess some people need a health complaint to be special.
There was a program about math and stats on tv last night (yeah, that's how I roll) on how Google could predict, quite accurately, where flu epidemics were going to break out, even before doctors, due to people using flu-related search terms in Google to self-diagnose.
Individuals aren't really that distinct, it seems.
I think people start having kids not fully knowing how expensive it is to raise a family. Then they are forced to eat crap food, because really good organic food costs more than McDonald's and Burger King. And when you have kids you have to go, go, go to keep up with the Joneses and all the dance lessons and football games that they go to, and limited time means you have to grab more crap food. Crap food eventually makes you sick but by that time they are all so addicted to the fat and sugar and salt that they can't stop eating it. Until we slow down enough to realize what's making us sick and then doing something about it, we'll just keep getting sick. (Well, they will not me, I don't eat crap food.) When a person is sick because they eat crap food, they don't feel like playing with their kids, much less fooling around with their spouse. They don't even feel like talking (other than whinging to others) and what's the best form of foreplay? Talking!!!! So it all boils down to what people eat and until we take a stand and say we're not going to eat crap food any more, and we demand for Monsanto to butt the Hell out of our food, people will continue to be sick, and tired, of being sick and tired, and sexually unfulfilled. I'm done, go watch the Gerson Therapy on Hulu. It'll blow your mind (and they condone coffee enemas.)
Thanks for that, Judith.
You hit many nails on the head.
Re: the Gerson Therapy, it was GT that turned me on to coffee enemas all those years ago.
I don't think we have to go so far as eating only organic though, and if that is the case, then making a big stew, or a soup, and so on, actually works out cheaper for a family to eat, then going the fast food route, but then these days both spouses might be working, so time to prepare such food might not be available, so processed foods more often than not might wind up on the dinner table.
p.s The Japanese continue to be healthy and they often are working with the same incomes as those in the West. Part of their health comes from their focus on eating fresh foods, but also a lot of Japanese still live with their grandparents/parents, and quite often the grandmother will take on the role of cooking for the family, so the food tends to be healthier because the grandmother has the time to shop, to cook, and so on.
I wondered about that. I'll email you in the morning. I have so much to tell you about GT.
Oh and BTW, the two best non time consuming ways to cook is in a crock-pot like you do or in a pressure cooker like I do. I can make a pot of soup in less than an hour.
I look forward to the email re:GT.
Funnily enough, I'm about to throw some chicken (got it for half price y'day) into the crockpot.
Gonna make a curry.
:)
I think with the economy we are all going to go back to the days of the Waltons when three generations are living under one roof. It's really more economical for everyone and it's older generations have so much to teach the younger kids.
Post a Comment