Friday, January 20, 2012

too much white noise spoils the hearing

It was raining after all.
So I suited up and channeled being a Tellytubby.


Even crows feel sorry for me when I'm wearing my blue plastic poncho.
Wtf is that?!
The Dolphin Police were out in force, pardon the pun, minus their whistles.
Maybe their whistles don't work in the rain?

One lady policeman gave me a big smile and a 'good morning' and one tall, young policeman just stood there looking like a miserable git.
I tell ya, sharing smiles, regardless of your job, makes the world a brighter place.

As I cycled to school I thought about my bike, and how much I loved it, and how a mere two inches added to the wheel radius, gets me to school 10 minutes faster.

I also thought about how tired I feel, which isn't surprising given my current sleep pattern, and I mused that this is what most people must feel like all the time, especially those bringing up families, having to feed them, shop for them, take them to school, go to events.
Even just workers, without families, those who have to commute for hours each day, damn, there must be a lot of constant exhaustion going on in our society, and I can't wait to shake myself free of such tiredness, like a wet dog ridding itself of excess moisture, once freedom becomes all mine.

Mine mine mine.
Dear God
Please let me live long enough to enjoy this freedom.
Love, Maria

Right. Time to teach. Busy day.

1 comment: