Sunday, January 29, 2012

New passport processing procedures explained



For British readers of this blog or BROB for short.
Changes regarding renewing your passport if overseas.
I have 10 pages left on a 46 page 10 year passport that will expire in 2 year's time.
I'd like to have renewed before leaving Japan but you have to wait until up to 9 months before the date of expiry.
I could 'lose' my passport but I don't want to do this because I have already lost my passport three times in the past and this has led to me being put on an international database for terrorists or suspected terrorists.
I.am.not.kidding.
How do I know this?
Well, in 1997 -ish, I went to Hawaii.

Even before I got to the immigration line a security officer came over and asked me if I was Maria Perkins, and then told me to accompany him to a private room.
I was then asked a series of questions.
I asked him why they had done this.
He said it was because I had lost my passport three times and that I was suspected of selling it to dodgy people.
Yeah, I know.
Weird huh.
So even though I'd love to leave here with 46 empty pages to fill, I guess I'm gonna have to choose countries with small passport stamps for a little while longer.


2 comments:

gaijinwife said...

You terrorist you. That's quite funny - and kind of good to know the security people actually do stuff :) hope you had a great catch up with your friend. Sex at the hilton back in the day sounds quite illicit and very racy.
...

Rhys said...

"Passport to Adventure".