Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Pretty Goose For You



















I've been up for so many hours already that I even had a nap before 8am.
Something is very fcked about my current lifestyle.
Bring on freedom or BOF for short.

















I had some great news today.
Comrade Bernard Sycamore entered my boat today to check on the batteries.
The new ones - $700 worth - were all still full of water, which I guess means they were left unconnected.
Phew.
The two old ones, the starter batteries, were low but not empty, so he topped them up.
The amp meter thingy said 12.85.


















And there wasn't a drop of water in the bilge!
Which means that the winterising was done to perfection.
I had help though. MSF does everything so well, apart from this relationship stuff.
;)
But to get back to the point of this post, this is a huge relief.
Replacing batteries in Mexico is a pain in the ass.
Indeed, unless you are willing to pay twice what they go for in the US, you have to go north, and then there's the pavlova of bringing them back into the country, and so on.
Need to release this coffee enema.
Back later.
WHOOSH.
*back*
Ah, that feels better.
I tell ya, those of you walking around full of shit for your entire lifetime, well, you don't know what you are missing!
But enough of the pontificating about coffee enemas.
Sigh. I wish I hadn't deleted the blog that logged June 2010 - March 2011.
Fck.
I really need to remind myself that I was a pretty cool chick pre-2008.
I gotta channel that chick again.


















Yeah, for sure, I was still a kant about table manners and I'll always believe that 9/11 was an Inside Leg, but on the whole I'm not too bad of a person, especially when happy.

I still have to write the post about 'Wanting To Say Sorry' to all the people I met during my tropical depression, but I'll save that post for later. It's important to me to write it.
In the meantime, I will show y'all my new chopsticks/spoon/fork that I got from the 100 Yen shop the other day.
I eat a lot of street food when traveling and this is an environmentally-friendly way to avoid using disposable plastic cutlery/wooden chopsticks.

3 comments:

Rhys said...

Sounds salvageable or better, which is better than Costa Concordia, any road.

222 said...

Thanks Voice of Doom.
I was quite pleased with the findings.
Given that the batteries I had before, which were 12 years old, which were left dead for 18 months 2008-2010, managed to keep on doin' it, until relatively recently, albeit I didn't plug in microwaves or have laser shows at night, I am sure that these brand new batteries, which remained disconnected from the panels, will bounce back after a good burst of power.

Rhys said...

Remember to take the s.g. with a hydrometer. That's the actual key to preserving them (that and clean connections): keeping the water levels right. Usually a few dozen ml of distilled will sort them for a year.

Heh. Voice of Doom. I do recall saying it was only grim if they had been left connected...