Monday, January 23, 2012

KABOOM!

2 frickin' ay em here.
Was in a deep sleep, scaling Everest, when the Japanese pottery hot water bottle fell to the floor with a huge thud and woke up the entire prefecture.
It was so loud it caused an avalanche in my dream.
'Prefecture' in Japanese is 'Ken'.
'Bow you m'fckers' is 'Ray'.
There is absolutely zip insulation in the walls of my building.
As soon as I turn off the air heater, the accumulated heat disappears in a flash.
But I'm  tigressing.
The point of this post is to stick up for this cat after its character assassination by Sok who called it possibly 'spoilt'.

Sok, this cat was the best cat I have ever, ever, ever had the good fortune to live with.
I LOVED this cat.
If I had known that the owner of this cat would eventually give it to his sister, I would be with this cat now.
This cat was so incredibly loving.
He would sleep right next to me, just like my old black cat, Uma ( 'horse' in Japanese) used to do, in the crook of my stomach.
He would 'talk' to me.
'Meow meow meow'.
He would never bitch or moan.
He was just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable.
I LOVED this cat.

I was looking after it for a Vietnam War veteran who sometimes had to go north to the Vet's Hospital.
The cat was called Yaqui and his owner was a native American dude in his late 50's, who had long, thick charcoal-coloured hair, and a boat.
He was, and is, one of the nicest people I have ever met.
His heart was nice.
He was a good person.
He was a deep person.
He always had something interesting to say.
He was single at the time but longed to fall in love again, to share his life with somebody.
This was in 2007/8.
In 2009 he met his future wife and they have been together ever since, dividing their time between Mexico and the US.
He cut his hair - which was a shame - his hip healed, he sent his cat to his sister's, and he started living Part II of his already colourful life.
I saw him in 2010/11, with his lovely wife Becky, in Mexico.
The last time we met, we were sharing a table in the Capitanes Club, where he witnessed me hissing, 'Slut, you slut, slut, you are such a skanky slut', to the Skank, when she slunk back into town, and then into the bar, stinking of skankiness
It was funny.
You had to be there.
;)
So this cat 'spoilt'?
I'm not sure how you can 'spoil' a cat.
But a cat sure can spoil a human, which is what this adorable bundle of fluff used to do with its absolutely full-on loving nature.
It was 'boat trained', too.
Which is why my heart nearly stopped one day when I thought that it was a COB moment. (Cat OverBoard)
Fck. I looked everywhere.
Everywhere.
I was like, 'Oh fck fck fck fck fck fck'.
I eventually found him here.

Bwahahahahahaaha.
Right.
Time to try and get back to sleep.
Gah, Monday.





4 comments:

sokmonkee said...

You know me by now. I was just kidding. But that cat does seem rather pleased with himself. Pretty face tho, for sure.....

Anonymous said...

Hello!! This has nothing to do with your post today, but I would like to know where do you get your coffee enema in Japan. Thank you so much. Love to read your blog.

Beatriz

222 said...

Beatriz (you have my favourite name)

You can order the bag here http://www.cafecolon.jp/

They are the best bags in the world, believe me, and last forever.

I wouldn't bother with ordering their coffee though. Brew your own up. I simmer two tablespoons of coffee in a smallish saucepan, add it to the bag, then top up with cold filtered water from the tap.

Welcome to ACER.
You won't regret adding colonic cleansing to your lifestyle, that is for sure.

I'll see you at the convention for 200 year olds in the future.

;)

beatriz said...

Thank you so much. See you then :)