It was an early rise again.
Okay. Maybe 3 weeks in Thailand, then to Mexico.
I can't wait to get to the boat but I also need to relax a bit first.
Not that lying in bed for 48 hours each weekend isn't relaxing.
It isn't actually.
It's sick.
Especially for 'an adventuress', which is what I called myself when the specialist asked me if I wanted kids.
"Do you want children?"
"No. I'm an adventuress!" (I'm not saying that having kids isn't an adventure..I'm sure it is)
"Well, we'll give you a full hysterectomy then".
"Fuck off! Just because I don't want kids doesn't mean I don't want my hormones!!"
I kept my hormones.
I'll probably die because of it but serious chin hair would slow down the knottage of the boat.
I tigressed.
So yah, where was I?
Oh yes, the point of this post is to say that I cancelled my room booking tonight because I thought it was a bit extravagant and that the equivalent money would buy a lot of Coronas at the Marina Cantina on Tuesdays.

Indeed, I shall save that money and instead spend it on rounds of drinks for my friends.
That's a far better use for it.
Instead I will have to leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow but I don't mind waking up early - the proof is in the blogging - and this way I can take a packed lunch with me, which saves me money.
Staying at the hotel would have made this difficult albeit I could have bought a bento from a convenience store but I prefer home cooked food to be honest.
I know, I know, I'm thinking too much about food on the slopes, but it's not just about skiing, it's about skiing, getting hungry, dining finely, and then skiing again.
When good food gets taken out of my day, I turn into a kant.
I wish I was kidding.

Also, cancelling the hotel means that I don't have to lug all my ski gear to school this morning, and then lug it all the way to the immigration office.
Instead I can do a quick in and out to Nagoya, come home, and have an early night.
I'm glad that the hotel I booked was under the BEST FLEXIBLE PLAN which allows you cancel up to 6pm on the day of your arrival at no charge.
Cool huh.
And you thought China was expensive.
Which is what Rick( of Indian heritage) of the corner shop in Manchester, used to say with a thick Mancunion accent whenever I dropped in during the early days I was here and would occasionally pop to the F.UK to see friends and 'family'.
0451 here.
Still relieved about my batteries.
Still got some other business to see to though.
Empire-related, get it all out of the way before I become a Nomates Nomad.
Okay. Maybe 3 weeks in Thailand, then to Mexico.
I can't wait to get to the boat but I also need to relax a bit first.
Not that lying in bed for 48 hours each weekend isn't relaxing.
It isn't actually.
It's sick.
Especially for 'an adventuress', which is what I called myself when the specialist asked me if I wanted kids.
"Do you want children?"
"No. I'm an adventuress!" (I'm not saying that having kids isn't an adventure..I'm sure it is)
"Well, we'll give you a full hysterectomy then".
"Fuck off! Just because I don't want kids doesn't mean I don't want my hormones!!"
I kept my hormones.
I'll probably die because of it but serious chin hair would slow down the knottage of the boat.
I tigressed.
So yah, where was I?
Oh yes, the point of this post is to say that I cancelled my room booking tonight because I thought it was a bit extravagant and that the equivalent money would buy a lot of Coronas at the Marina Cantina on Tuesdays.
Indeed, I shall save that money and instead spend it on rounds of drinks for my friends.
That's a far better use for it.
Instead I will have to leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow but I don't mind waking up early - the proof is in the blogging - and this way I can take a packed lunch with me, which saves me money.
Staying at the hotel would have made this difficult albeit I could have bought a bento from a convenience store but I prefer home cooked food to be honest.
I know, I know, I'm thinking too much about food on the slopes, but it's not just about skiing, it's about skiing, getting hungry, dining finely, and then skiing again.
When good food gets taken out of my day, I turn into a kant.
I wish I was kidding.
Also, cancelling the hotel means that I don't have to lug all my ski gear to school this morning, and then lug it all the way to the immigration office.
| The train to the immigration office. It carries all sorts. |
Instead I can do a quick in and out to Nagoya, come home, and have an early night.
I'm glad that the hotel I booked was under the BEST FLEXIBLE PLAN which allows you cancel up to 6pm on the day of your arrival at no charge.
Cool huh.
And you thought China was expensive.
Which is what Rick( of Indian heritage) of the corner shop in Manchester, used to say with a thick Mancunion accent whenever I dropped in during the early days I was here and would occasionally pop to the F.UK to see friends and 'family'.
So what's it like in China then?In other news, that's all for now folks.
0451 here.
Still relieved about my batteries.
Still got some other business to see to though.
Empire-related, get it all out of the way before I become a Nomates Nomad.
No comments:
Post a Comment