Saturday, December 3, 2011

You're Never To Old To Be A Swinger


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool video..don't what I expected you to sound like but not like what you do sound like . Funny what one expects..But do more videos maybe even of all of you not just your legs..:)!! How about a news cast on Ron Paul's good attributes???

RB

Polkadot said...

I was considering that, becoming Ron Paul's Correspondent in the Far Out.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is very weird! Your voice has quite shocked me...you sound so girly. And somehow hearing it has made you seem more real

Rhys said...

OK, now I can hear more Midlands/Brummie in words with a "u" sound like "bus" and "Turkey". Maybe just decades away from it, listening to the BBC as the only regular source of English speech, filed down all the corners.

And I concur about your speaking voice: I had no preconception about what it sounded like, except to acknowledge that I didn't expect it to sound as it does.

Please do not say "fifty" and "really, really old" again, however.

Anonymous said...

I expected a more husky, dirty voice somehow....not prim and posh like wot you sound!

Polkadot said...

LOL - I am prim!! You've heard me pontificate about fidelity and so on.

He he, when I said that 50 bit, I thought, 'r's not gonna like that'.

How I said 'Turkey' was weird. It sounded American. I don't usually say Turkey like that. I was possessed when I said that word.

Ha ha, yeah, I guess my voice doesn't sound like a pontificating kant should sound like.

Thor said...

That doesn't really sound like the Maria I know at all. Prim and posh, yes, but normally faster with an excitement in the tone even if you're talking about garbage disposal.

Anonymous said...

r
I grew up on the south coast for the first part of my life - 8 years - so the Brummie isn't so strong, also my mother always tried to steer me away from sounding too Brummie, she said it would harm my chances in life - LOL - The Beast, on the other hand, having gone to live with her dad at aged 8, who is very Black Country, speaks Brummie through and through.
Once mum returned to a lunch break and somebody in her office said, 'your daughter phoned' and mum said, 'Oh maria?', and the colleague answered, 'No, she didn't sound very clever'. LOL, I will never forget that story, not that speaking Brummie is bad, I love it, I'm just not Brummie from birth, more Brighton, which is more neutral, I guess.

The Kant

Polkadot said...

Thor LOL...yeah, usually we're in bars, that's why...I was in a fucking park, all alone, day number 247 alone, no wonder I sound so flat. Ha ha.

Polkadot said...

LOL@ garbage disposal.

ROICS said...

That's not even a posh Brummie accent! This is a posh Brummie accent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI95r6nzVZ0

and this is me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5vSHiAOAE

hahaha! not quite, but near enough. Much nearer than you being Brummie anyway

222 said...

He he Jasper.
Kevin Keegan signed my mum's JC book on a flight to India when he played for Hamburg
He signed my Adventure Book For Girls. I was 11 at the time.
Not that I'm into football, far, far from it.

222 said...

He he he Carrot is hilarious. Loving this. Good old British humor.
Those were the days.

222 said...

My first time to hear Peter Kay. He's funny.

ROICS said...

you haven't seen Pheonix Nights? Watch it in Pheonix! haha

I love the auditions at the end of PN. A good one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMH4FwOBhNQ

oh and PN's version of Stars in Your Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epL15sGqeHc