Smug wally here.
It's what I get called when I comment on threads that are about Starbucks.
I think it's one of my 'readers'. Cos they also mentioned coffee enemas. Bwahaahahaha.
I'm tigressing.
All I can say is 'What recession?'
And even in booming times, I've never really understood paying more than two bucks for a coffee, and even two bucks makes my butt cheeks suck in air, unless you get a free refill.
This is a boring post.
I can't wait to never have to look at, ever again, all these stupid sites I've been reading this year . Never, ever again.
The crap I have read this year! Merde!
But then again, I've been reading such rags because the comments, written by real people, provide smug gits, like what I is, with a slice of the reality out there, and fck, almost every comment about employment, benefits, health care and so on, makes me want to burst my enema bag, which is why it was quite a relief to enter the Starbucks thread, because nobody was bitching about the price of the coffee.
Far from it.
It must be a sheeple thing. In baaahnal.
This post is very boring.
It's because my life is boring right now, beyond sucking up the bike rides I enjoy each day. I might merely be going to and fro school, but I really love riding my bike. Love it.
I do like being here, I am fond of Japan, I just wish I wasn't here, if you get my gist.
I got some good deals on some traditional Japanese dishes this evening - all half price.
Boiled Japanese Radish, Renkon-A-Ge things, and some Hijiki, which is a kind of seaweed, and in hindsight I wish I hadn't eaten it now, because it's probably gonna kill me down the line. Uh, too many commas again. My punctuation sucks.
I also bought a large bloc of pork loin at half price for $2.50.
It's slow cooking overnight, with the usual suspects: rosemary, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
I downloaded a bunch of documentaries today. I highly recommend www.graboid.com
I also bought two books on Amazon.

because one of my dreams is to do this
and

They will arrive in the next two days.
Yay.
Oh yes, the Post Office hates me, and I just know they want to throw one of their orange balls my way.
These balls usually get thrown at robbers given that they splatter bright orange dye over the thief, but I think my local post office wants to throw one at me for being such a tight bitch about envelope size and stamp price.
The thing is, I cannot justify paying more than twice the cost of the usual stamp merely because the letter is 1mm too big to allow for a 110 yen stamp to be used.

I don't mind paying more for the larger size envelope, but when the cost of the next stamp up is 260 yen, they can get fcked. It's just not right.
So I told them I'd rather spend money on a card that was 1mm smaller, than spend my precious money like I'm some high flying NOVA teacher on a stamp that was obviously unfairly priced.
I'll end up spending the same as if I had just sent this card at 260 yen, but it's the principle, dammit!

It reminded me of the time they wanted to charge me 260 yen for another '1mm too big' card, so I asked for some scissors, opened the envelope, and trimmed the card by 1mm all round, which meant that Mount Fuji lost its peak.
Don't fck with me and my money.
Yep, the PO hates me.
I know it.
Funnily enough, the teacher I originally replaced when I first moved to this city, wound up marrying one of the women who worked in the local PO. They now live in Canada.
None of them want to marry me.
Bwhahahahaaha.
It's what I get called when I comment on threads that are about Starbucks.
I think it's one of my 'readers'. Cos they also mentioned coffee enemas. Bwahaahahaha.
I'm tigressing.
All I can say is 'What recession?'
And even in booming times, I've never really understood paying more than two bucks for a coffee, and even two bucks makes my butt cheeks suck in air, unless you get a free refill.
| Cycling home today with my Harbor Fright tool bag |
This is a boring post.
I can't wait to never have to look at, ever again, all these stupid sites I've been reading this year . Never, ever again.
The crap I have read this year! Merde!
| A traditional little book store that I cycle past each day |
Far from it.
It must be a sheeple thing. In baaahnal.
This post is very boring.
It's because my life is boring right now, beyond sucking up the bike rides I enjoy each day. I might merely be going to and fro school, but I really love riding my bike. Love it.
| A neighbor's house |
I do like being here, I am fond of Japan, I just wish I wasn't here, if you get my gist.
| I love this hill |
I got some good deals on some traditional Japanese dishes this evening - all half price.
Boiled Japanese Radish, Renkon-A-Ge things, and some Hijiki, which is a kind of seaweed, and in hindsight I wish I hadn't eaten it now, because it's probably gonna kill me down the line. Uh, too many commas again. My punctuation sucks.
I also bought a large bloc of pork loin at half price for $2.50.
It's slow cooking overnight, with the usual suspects: rosemary, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
I downloaded a bunch of documentaries today. I highly recommend www.graboid.com
I also bought two books on Amazon.
because one of my dreams is to do this
and
They will arrive in the next two days.
Yay.
Oh yes, the Post Office hates me, and I just know they want to throw one of their orange balls my way.
These balls usually get thrown at robbers given that they splatter bright orange dye over the thief, but I think my local post office wants to throw one at me for being such a tight bitch about envelope size and stamp price.
The thing is, I cannot justify paying more than twice the cost of the usual stamp merely because the letter is 1mm too big to allow for a 110 yen stamp to be used.
I don't mind paying more for the larger size envelope, but when the cost of the next stamp up is 260 yen, they can get fcked. It's just not right.
| The offending card |
So I told them I'd rather spend money on a card that was 1mm smaller, than spend my precious money like I'm some high flying NOVA teacher on a stamp that was obviously unfairly priced.
I'll end up spending the same as if I had just sent this card at 260 yen, but it's the principle, dammit!
It reminded me of the time they wanted to charge me 260 yen for another '1mm too big' card, so I asked for some scissors, opened the envelope, and trimmed the card by 1mm all round, which meant that Mount Fuji lost its peak.
Don't fck with me and my money.
Yep, the PO hates me.
I know it.
Funnily enough, the teacher I originally replaced when I first moved to this city, wound up marrying one of the women who worked in the local PO. They now live in Canada.
None of them want to marry me.
Bwhahahahaaha.
13 comments:
If your butt cheeks are sucking in air, you might be overdoing the enemas. Just sayin'.
As for the nasty idiots online, they are emboldened to let free their inner reptilian brain and its foul exhalations (see "butt cheeks, posting") because of their anonymity.
I learned a long time ago that while most people have unpleasant, mean, minging inner lives or at least partly so, they, out of fear of the judgement of others, keep it well concealed.
Meaning it's quite obvious, actually, but never mind.
I have constantly striven to achieve a sort of parity in my online hostility and that which I exercise in real life. For instance, some dum-dum of the female sex recently stepped off a curb, and not at a corner, in front of my speeding bicycle without looking up from her no doubt thrilling text experience. Giving her the lightest of taps to the face with my elbow, I muttered sotto voce "oh dear, there goes the breeding program!"
The key is never to look back. I'm sure after the wires come off the teeth, she'll be back to her old habits, but one does what one can.
Smug, SMUG!! You!!??? The piples that think you smug, don't know the meaning of the word, probably the same people who do not understand the meaning of 'innovation' or 'myriad' and use them inappropriately because they do not have sufficient mental skill to really THINK. Such persons would not have the slightest idea about quality of life, or question why anything is the way it is. Doubtless too they would never consider themselves to be part of the animal kingdom or nature. No, they would be above all that, of course. They use the word 'smug' because they think they are being clever, and only because I previously used it in an observational way and NOT as a silly label or cheap insult. Those possessing a degree of intelligence would have understood. The rest would not.
Minos on the other hand is smug. Very. He was doing all the stuff to be smug about long before most people were even born. He is smug in the knowledge that he foresaw all the current problems, years and years and years ago (apart from the failure of Phobos -Grunt) building his lifestyle accordingly. He is now so smug about his foresight and capabilities that he regards the rest of the human race as errant, children. Thats smug for you.
Yours smuggingly
sMuginos
I LOVE my readership!! These three comments attest to why.
Nancy, welcome, and thank you for being a thoughtful human who is also disturbed by what gets written under certain stories - Yahoo has the most evil of people reading it, and it shows in the comments, and if I was God..no, don't even go there'....
and R, I was laughing at your comment, as I always do at your comments, and wondering how my writing managed to engage such an intelligent person for so long, and elicit comments from somebody obviously worthy of being a dinner guest at anybody's table, and by anybody, I mean everybody; at the table of scientists, muses, writers, leaders and so on.
Loved the 'when the wires come off'.
So thanks for the time you give to adding a comment or two here. Much appreciated and full of wisdom, usually.
And Minos, Minos, Minos, your comment was spot on, and you know something, maybe I am smug, maybe it's okay to be smug, because who are these people usually, the ones calling me 'smug'?
They are usually folks who would call George Galloway a conspiracy theorist, or walk around with their head stuck in their phones, texting heavens knows what insipidness - Oooh, the Argos catalogue is out - and yes, like you, I saw it coming, too, and it still amazes me that people are so shocked that these tough times have come to their doorsteps, especially when cutting back now means no leaving all the lights on in the house all the time, or the TV on all the time, and how do I know this, because I go to the 'hard times' category at 'that site' and if those are hard times, then I have no idea what folks in the UK are complaining about.
Here's another, 'we can't eat out in restaurants anymore'. Well, whingers, I rarely ever ate out in restaurants, even when the world economy was falsely flush, because I could save more money by cooking my own food, and unless in countries where it's super cheap to eat out, like for a couple of bucks, and the food is still great, will still rarely eat out, so all these things that people are moaning about, having to cut back, they were always luxuries to begin with.
Oh yes, another cut-back, pardon the pun, is not going to the hair salon monthly for a treatment, or to get a facial or manicure thing, 'I do my own nails now'
Go figure.
You are an enlightened being, Minos, and I am privileged to have you amidst this readership.
I think I shall be out and proud smug, too. I mean, really, who are these people who get offended by those who merely talk sense and walk free. Who is the better role model for their 3 children?
He he he , just noticed the smuginos.
Thanks for the comments, y'all!
I am smug too! (but not in an intellectually superior way)
What are you smug about?
Go on, do tell.
It's Occupy Smug Week.
Go on, tell.
If a sort of backwards robe was invented that gently shined one's backside whilst sitting watching educational television, it could be called a Smuggly.
He he he. What thoughts these blog rants breed.
You should do the courteous thing and read my latest blog post. Unlike your far more widespread fame, I'm not used to a lot of readers. But my last rant got "picked up" by a more popular blog, and I went from single to triple digits.
Goodness, fame is exhausting. How do you do it?
I knew there was something I had to do. Sorry, I took so long getting there. If you want, I can link it openly on this blog.
What's the more popular blog and were there comments on that blog re:your post?
http://boatbits.blogspot.com/
It's the last link in the first line.
I can't think what else could drive the traffic.
I haven't checked for comments yet. I've got a kid to walk to school and then that heap of skulls won't build itself.
You lot are pretty obsessed with your reader numbers
It's because I've never had any before. I feel like the unpopular, funny looking ginger girl who grows a perfect pair of breasts over the summer..."what are YOU lot looking at?"
Post a Comment