Sunday, December 11, 2011

By Popular Request

Since becoming a YouTube Sensation (or Youth Training Scheme for short) with my excellent footage of last night's Total Lunar Eclipse, I decided to take you all on a journey into Japanese Bath Space. See above.


Akin to realising at a young age -8- that working until your pubes turned grey seemed like a dumb thing to do, was the other realisation that the British had bathrooms all wrong.

Especially the carpet thing in bathrooms.
Like wtf.
Especially in the bathrooms of my childhood, which always had 'off-the-back-of-a-lorry' deep shag pile in them, thick stuff I'd be forced to rake each weekend.

I fcking hated raking my bathroom carpet.
But even worse, was the stress that came with each bath I took, to not get any water on the carpet, else I'd get a bollocking.
For sure, I had a bath mat, but fck, they never totally work.

Maybe this is why I didn't wash much as a kid.
I wish I was joking.
I'm not.

Indeed, when I moved to London after running away from home at the age of 16, my uncle, whilst driving into the city in our red 2CV one morning, had a fatherly chat with me, and told me that I smelt, and that I should review my bathing habits.

I am somewhat ashamed to admit this, but it's a sad reflection on my youth, I guess, which was far from a happy childhood, and it's a fact that we learn from others when we are young, and I don't think my mother taught me very much actually.

Her own life was so full of drama from the moment I was conceived - she was 17 and it was her first time to shag- that she never had time to catch up with it all, to get to the point where she could embrace motherhood and all that it usually entails, for both the mother, and the child.

By the time she died at the age of just-turned 42, she had been married and divorced three times, not including my father, who she never married or lived with, which illustrates that she was pretty much consumed with other stuff during my childhood and beyond.

She didn't even come to my university graduation ceremony, but neither did I, go to my own graduation ceremony, because at the time, I couldn't afford to hire the gown and the funny hat you get to wear.

I don't feel bad towards my mother about this, I just think it serves as an example that I didn't really get to experience a true mother-daughter relationship in the traditional way. If that actually exists these days, or indeed, back in those days.


The only advice she gave me concerned table manners, plus, when I was 15, and she was encamped in the 'spare room', she said, 'Go on the pill, Bead, don't get pregnant'.
This floored me somewhat because the idea of sex still grossed me out, even at 15.
With one of my mum's boyfriends

Which brings me to the next part of this post, which is to say, 'Thank fck I never had kids', because it seems like it's a nightmare these days.

Yes, I was just over on 'that site' and decided to check out the 'Teenagers' category.
Blimey.

If my kid was smoking weed at 12/13/14 even 15/16/17/18, I would be worried and I would stamp it out, if I could.

 And if I couldn't, I'd hope that my kid had the strength of character and will power to combine being a 'smoker', with getting a good education and embarking upon a rewarding career.

Because whilst I think that the herb is misunderstood and God loves it as much as he loves beer, I would not want my child to use it until 'settled' in life, because unless you have a good dose of motivation in your psyche, you are gonna be fcked if you become a stoner at a young age. Fcked.


I feel for the heaps of mothers and fathers having to deal with this not uncommon problem in modern day UK.

When I was young, where I was in the UK, it just wasn't around, albeit I saw my mum smoking it once, while she sat on our heavy pine Three Bears-esque kitchen table, during a clandestine party we had whilst The Living Legend was away skiing in Austria, and I remember thinking, 'That's really bad, mummy', but I didn't say anything, just thought it.
Mum at 16

This was something that one of her 'friends' brought to the party before going and throwing up in the double garage, which I then had to explain to the Living Legend when he returned from skiing, as being 'dog sick'.
He didn't believe me and I got into deep shit for having the party, even though it was mum's idea.
Like WTF, mum made me take the entire blame!!
I'm tigressing.
My favourite blanket - The Wolf

Yep, having kids these days seems like such a fcking chore.
But I blame the parents in many of these cases. They appear to 'enable' such behaviour traits.

My goodness, I would so nip in the bud this sense of entitlement so many of these kids have these days.
'So and so has a big screen TV in his bedroom and an XBox and you haven't even put any money away for my university fees and fck you, you c%$t (yes, kids are using such language with their parents) for making me contribute to my iPad christmas present last year'
If these Little Children are our future, then Holy Cow, the New World Order must be sighing with relief.


 And parents questioning if they are being too hard on their kids - wtf- well, I think it's a sign that children are ruling the roost these days, and not the parents, and this does not bode well for our future.
Traditional Japanese New year decoration. I bought some for this year, too. $1.

Like I said, there is no hope, unless the above child rearing anecdotes are not the norm, and then there may be some hope, but I doubt it if you take this into account
http://yearinreview.yahoo.com/2011/us_top_10_searches







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never went to my uni graduation either. I was working full time while I studied and couldn't afford to take time off work. My mum wouldn't have even thought of going. From what I've heard, they are dead boring anyway.

So many parents want to be friends with their kids. Your kids don't want you as a friend. Be a freaken parent.

judith said...

Amen to that Kath! Kids will try anything to gain ranks with their friends and telling parents "so-and-so has this and I want that too..." or "if you loved me you'd buy me a car" and the dreaded "I hate you" coming from their mouths can really push a parent into a corner. My hubby should write a book on parenting, he's far better than me at it, I can be a pushover. My kids would have been screwed up if not for him having the final say in things around here. He's firm but fair and sooner or later the kids are realizing he knew what he was talking about and they are better off for following his rules. I do not blame anyone for choosing not to have kids these days, not even my own children.

As a whole, we are screwed! With the generation of kids coming up to run the world in 20 years... it's going to be scary. The only hope is that American Kids are not the ones doing it. Hopefully they will all be stoned and sitting on their butts drawing welfare, but it looks like their parents are screwing them out of that now.

The 60's and 70's really messed up things for the Western World.