Sunday, December 11, 2011

looks like she's here to stay

The Beast excluded, over the years this blog has a good track record in avoiding the gathering of virtual dog shit, aka anons, within its comment threads.
Alas, we have another.
And she is hell bent on passing judgement at least once a day.
Be it criticising my readers
Fuck off rhys and get a life - you are really starting to get on my nerves now

or stating the obvious about me -

ha thats funny you or one of your 'esteemed' readers was the one to use the word troll not the troll. Also, its a bit rich you calling the troll for spending all day online when you by your own admission haunt such drivel as mumsnet
The above comment in itself says a lot about this person. She thinks she's clever that she's picked up on the 'esteemed' in my blog posts..yawn.........thats...sigh..and the ha....yawn......
If there's one level worse than having an anon to begin with, it's having an anon who hasn't quite mastered the art of original wit. She is way out of her league in this blog, and she knows it. Bwhahahaha.



I think I'll treat myself to a bottle of African Creme today

Yes. It is a fact. I am online a lot.
So what.

I'm not your shrink or your childminder or your social worker.
And as for Mumsnet, I currently find it interesting to peruse, these glimpses into the lives of others, just like you come here to take a look at my life - you can't resist, can you - but rest assured, as was the case in 2008, as soon as I hit freedom, I won't ever visit such sites. Ever again.
They will no longer interest me.
I will once again be living in a world where I won't realise that Mike Baldwin has died.

I will be living on-life, not online.
And I can't fkcing wait.
But in the meantime, yep, you're right, if it makes you feel somewhat better about yourself, I do indeed use the internet a lot this year, and I am thankful for its existence. Very thankful.

I have learned heaps, watched heaps, read heaps, and knowing that this is my last year with such huge globs of pointless free time chained to a desk, or having only the weekends to 'do stuff'- and quite frankly I'm pretty frazzled by the end of the week and just want to kick back - well, knowing that all this is soon to come to an end, and pretty soon, makes it not a problem, not a problem at all.


But you, British 'anon', do you have an excuse to waste time reading my blog?
Are you under worked, like I am?

Or are you semi-retired yet choose to spend that freedom online. Nice way to use that freedom!

Aren't there more constructive things you could be doing with your life instead of watching me taxi on the runway to adventure, getting ready to take off towards another way of living life, the only way being UP?

Really, why are you here?
Because you like it when folks admit to feeling low or sad?

I'm just not digging this year.

But this ain't no life long sentence, that's for sure.
There is a reward at the end of it all.
A huge reward.
Bigger than the reward that awaits somebody who might have worked for 45 years and then only gets a watch and 90 quid a week as thanks. Or maybe not. That was smug of me. Both ways to live life are honorable and valid. I only hope I reach 65 in human years, as I do not accept as given a default life span.



I think the further up the runway I taxi, the meaner your comments will become; be they directed at me, or at readers who 'get on your nerves'. You are so very 'Gendai British'.


Regardless, you are welcome to stay on this blog, to waste your time believing that you make a difference, but please refrain from the personal attacks on my readership.

We go back a long, long way and if you cannot cope with people who, in your eyes, have 'no life' and need to 'get one', then why not go and read a blog where all the people in it 'have a life.'
One a bit like yours, maybe.
I look forward to reading your daily dose of judgement, if only to help you nurture your need to feed your demons.

Right. Time for a coffee enema.
I'm then gonna drag my ass outside for a bike ride.
And no, writing this post didn't eat up my time.
I had no other material this morning and it was nice to look at some old pics to remind me of what lies ahead.


11 comments:

Rhys said...

You do in fact have more compassion than most. I would just call Anon a useless bitter washed up jealous and dim cunt and be done with it.

I'm past the age where the idiotic get a second chance.

You're either my chum, or chum.

222 said...

I kind of did, didn't I, insinuate that she was a useless bitter washed up jealous, dim cunt.
Maybe the Poll Tax is getting to her. Who knows.

Anonymous said...

(From Anon2) "I want that cat!!!

Anonymous said...

such fury
wots poll tax?

nancy said...

time for my once-a-week computer main-lining fix. love your phrase "living on-life"! i'm gonna use that the next time someone mocks me for using my computer only once a week (or less sometimes).
my favourite quote, which i apply to most areas of my daily life, is "get outta my way". it's become my mantra while running; mentally willing weaving and meandering pedestrians to stay clear of my intended path as i hurtle forward at 12km per hour. doesn't always work :(. but i love applying this mantra to the haters and generally disdainful people i encounter almost daily. it's wildly empowering! and as a side benefit saying this to myself instantaneously banishes any stress i have. it's also a confidence booster, that goes without saying.
great comeback m! couldn't have said it better. and i agree with rhys, you have far more compassion than most. by the way, love the picnic-on-the-hillside photo. stunning scenery! reminds me of home... a bit ;)

222 said...

Nancy

It is so nice to hear from you.
I admire you, that you go online once a week, and it is what I am going to try to strive for once 'free'.

You run. I really should use the trainers I bought in May to 'run'. He he he. I'm all talk, no action.
I went for a walk last night, and it was lovely, I just need to kick up a bit of a canter to make it more beneficial to my health.

Ah, the anon. I'm a fast typist so I'm not wasting too much of my time not taking her bile lying down.
If she had a good point, I could understand, but her comments lack substance, they are just empty character attacks, and maybe she needs this blog to take a look at herself, who she has become, and to work on becoming a better person.
;)
Have a great week, Nancy, and thanks for stopping by.

Mata ne!

222 said...

anon2
Yes, the cat is adorable. Soooooooooooooooo cute.
Taken in Thailand.

nancy said...

you too, have a lovely week! enjoy the baths :)

Rhys said...

Not fury. Disdain polished with contempt and dusted with boredom.

Fury requires ramming speed.

222 said...

Perfectly put, r.
Wish I could employ you as my rantwriter.

Rhys said...

I cost a bit more than 100 yen, alas.

So does banking when you're a kid:

http://boingboing.net/2011/12/10/tcf-bank-penalizes-kid-with-4.html

Stuff like this underlines my pension rant.