Well, it's Thursday, it's gonna rain on Sunday, will be showery on Saturday, and so there goes my weekend plans to explore the gorge.
I really should get off my lame ass and go and see my friend down his bar tomorrow.
I've been such a hermit this year. I guess I don't mind my own company, which isn't a bad thing, and I just get all cosy in my new, clean, utilities-free apartment, and think, 'Fck it, I'll stay in, read, blog, orgasm, watch movies' and so on.
I have nothing to write about other than thinking about all the poor Western women out there who married Japanese men.
I seriously want to commit ritual suicide after reading some of the 'Married in Japan' blogs I've recently discovered out there.
It just seems so, so, impossible to fall in love with a Japanese guy to the degree that you wind up tying the chonmage with them.
This country is extremely challenged to begin with in the emotions stakes, and most men here are like kids, albeit without the refreshing curiosity that kids have, and uh, I just read about this one poor woman who doesn't even get to hold her husband at night because he comes home, eats, plays PlayStation till his food has gone down, then passes out on the couch. Like wtf.
Reading that post made me realise just how lucky I am with my guy, that despite the somewhat winding road we've taken since meeting, he's one in a billion, just like he tells me that I'm one in three billion.
I'd walk out the door if my guy started playing computer games.
And I'd certainly file for divorce if he started sleeping on the couch.
But what do you expect with the average Japanese guy.
They are more often than not emotionally stunted. It's in their DNA.
I've gotta stop reading these wives's tales.
They are too sad to behold.
I really should get off my lame ass and go and see my friend down his bar tomorrow.
I've been such a hermit this year. I guess I don't mind my own company, which isn't a bad thing, and I just get all cosy in my new, clean, utilities-free apartment, and think, 'Fck it, I'll stay in, read, blog, orgasm, watch movies' and so on.
I have nothing to write about other than thinking about all the poor Western women out there who married Japanese men.
| South Africa |
I seriously want to commit ritual suicide after reading some of the 'Married in Japan' blogs I've recently discovered out there.
It just seems so, so, impossible to fall in love with a Japanese guy to the degree that you wind up tying the chonmage with them.
This country is extremely challenged to begin with in the emotions stakes, and most men here are like kids, albeit without the refreshing curiosity that kids have, and uh, I just read about this one poor woman who doesn't even get to hold her husband at night because he comes home, eats, plays PlayStation till his food has gone down, then passes out on the couch. Like wtf.
Reading that post made me realise just how lucky I am with my guy, that despite the somewhat winding road we've taken since meeting, he's one in a billion, just like he tells me that I'm one in three billion.
I'd walk out the door if my guy started playing computer games.
And I'd certainly file for divorce if he started sleeping on the couch.
But what do you expect with the average Japanese guy.
They are more often than not emotionally stunted. It's in their DNA.
I've gotta stop reading these wives's tales.
They are too sad to behold.
17 comments:
He isn't one in a billion though, in the same way you're not one in three billion. I don't mean this in a negative way. There's lots of life and good people out there and I think you know that. Just trying to be encouraging. I'll go back to my video game now :)
Yes, he is.
And yes, I am.
There are lots of good people out there,for sure, but I don't want to be intimate with them. They'd piss me off, they'd bite their forks, laugh at the concept of colonic irrigation, see nothing wrong in 'working till 60'. Believe me when I say I have found a guy who is 1 in however many billion. And believe me when he says, I am a chick who is one in however many billion. Because even though we all find our happiness here or there, in different forms, in different ways, when it comes down to it, it's personal, and the good that other's feel or need, isn't the same as what somebody else might feel or need, and I think the point is that as long as YOU are happy, then well done, whilst also being able to observe the rest of the world out there, and proffer an opinion, because opinions breed discussion, like what this is, and it's so much fun, and we can learn a lot from each other.
I wish you weren't anon.
p.s Video games are evil.
;)
Yeah, sorry I'm anon. You don't know me. It's just because I don't blog myself - just some 'randomer out in cyber space'. I'll sign off as ROICS in future so you know it's me! Seems a bit stalkerish though which will no doubt prevent me commenting again. Oh, life is so difficult at times!
He's divorced, right?
So evidently, his ex didn't find him sufficient special.
Also, you'd have to be married to him before you could realistically file for divorce.
Just trying to get the ducks in a row, dearie!
No, never married, but will marry me. Was with a chick for 20 yrs, albeit she was a bit uptight.
Roics
No, be what you want, anon is fine.
God, his ex, blah, so inspid. She lives next door, I meet her, I cannot believe he ever fell in love with her. I reckon it was cos she had long hair. When she arrived in the yard in 2007, there was a significant drop in temperature. He is such an amazing man, yet fcked up with his choice of woman for years, and then he met me, and I am great, but not hot looking, but great in other ways, and so cos he is a good man, his karma brought him me.;)
insipid
Maybe she's so insipid, she's missing an eye.
Funny word, eh.
You are entitled to feel like he's 1 in a billion if you want to and he can feel about you as he wants to. That's your choice and your opinion. Anon/ROCIShfhsoifhsh could possibly have an ego issue and doesn't like for people to express their feelings, and may not feel joy when others are feeling joy and happiness. Oh well, he can go on playing his video games, hope that gives him what he wants in life.
Wo! Mamma! I'm afraid that at 9.30pm sitting on the sofa with one eye on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and the other eye on my eyePad I can assure you that my ego is well and truly asleep.
What we have here is not an issue of my ego but an example of life's wonderful differences between the genders. It's why women would talk about their personal life with their girlfriends and not male friends. When offered a comment about 'one in a billion' a female friend will absorb it as part of the bigger picture. A male friend would carry out a mathematical assessment of probability.
In our own ways we're both on Maria's side.
Oh and, I don't play video games. Another silly man joke referencing Maria's dislike of them.
I know, I know! Should make jokes when a girl is talking about life. Another reason to butt out. :)
He he he Roics.
Keep 'em coming if they keep your mind of that celeb stuff.
those wives's-tales... yeah, it is as if they are trying to outdo each other in their misery. But who am I to comment on that?
You have a unique site, BIJ. It's nice to visit.
Post a Comment