I adore my junior high school kids, and the feeling is pretty much reciprocated.
I guess if I wanted to do this whole teaching gig again, I'd forgo the high school kids, and opt for teaching only at junior high level, but hey, I'm not gonna work ever again after early March - evil selfish roar - so this is a Soody sponsored moot point.
So yah, my kids are great, but a couple of them took apart/destroyed my old external DVD hard drive thingy today.
Behind the curtain in my classroom is a load of old shit - typewriters from the pre-war period, fossilised remains of Canadian teachers, tinsel, and so on - and the jun. high kids are always ferreting around behind the curtain before class starts.
Anyway, long story short, what with not wanting to get CharismaGirlitus and bore y'all stiff with the details, I told the kids that what they had done, which was destroyed a perfectly good piece of hardware, was shameful, that there were folks in America crying out for such things, that one day, maybe in their lifetime, they might wish they had that old hard drive from 2011 now that oil had run out and such goods were hard to come by or manufacture, yeah, I got them all visually picturing their futures in apocalyptic circumstances.

It was great.
Their faces turned white.
Evil roar.
I got the message across though.
So it was worth returning to Japan after all.
NOT.
I guess if I wanted to do this whole teaching gig again, I'd forgo the high school kids, and opt for teaching only at junior high level, but hey, I'm not gonna work ever again after early March - evil selfish roar - so this is a Soody sponsored moot point.
| I wish it snowed where I lived |
Behind the curtain in my classroom is a load of old shit - typewriters from the pre-war period, fossilised remains of Canadian teachers, tinsel, and so on - and the jun. high kids are always ferreting around behind the curtain before class starts.
| Fuji-San |
It was great.
Their faces turned white.
Evil roar.
I got the message across though.
So it was worth returning to Japan after all.
NOT.
3 comments:
I shall say nothing, that's a mute point.
Now I'm confused, Soody.
I believe a mute point is achieved after surgery for tongue cancer.
Post a Comment