Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Take The Mushroom Out

S'up. Loser here.
Fcked up the love again.
Still, what's new?
I'm so fcked up this year it's a miracle that I didn't jump out of the classroom window this morning, when the kid who said, 'futari' last week,  instead of '2', said exactly the same thing, to exactly the same question, to exactly the same line of text, today.
"Futari".
I turned both of my hands into guns and figuratively blew my brains out in front of the students.
I then took an imaginary sword and dramatically pretended to disembowel myself.
I then looked at the window and said, "I might as well jump."
Well, at least the kids laughed, even Miss Futari.
Maybe she reads my blog and is sick of seeing '222' all over the place.
Who knows.
Who cares.
Dinner tonight. Last night's curry leftovers with additional fresh basil.

So yah, an easy schedule today made it possible to have a picnic lunch with my friend of billions of years, Kazuyo.
It was fun, I wish I'd had my camera though because the beautiful green scarf I  bought for her in Turkey this year - I have given her some lovely clothes over the years, stuff I've found in thrift stores, including that beautiful one-off hand-loomed 'Sedona' shawl I found in 2009-  well, it suited her perfectly.
A random boat photo

Y'all have to remember to either vote Ron Paul, or whoever, and remember the fact that Kazuyo is the most originally-dressed 65 year old in the 'hood, what with her being a teacher of fashion design turned fashion painter, and a lady really adept at turning thrift goods into super fashion statements.
Fck. I can't believe this dress blew off the rigging and sank.

Not that I'm a follower of fashion, as you know, on the contrary, I am a fashion leader.
Remember when the chick who owns the Marina Cantina in Mexico, came over to me wearing boots and a 'skess', and said, "I decided to start dressing like you because you always look so understated yet totally cool", well, I'm tigressing, the world population has just hit 7 billion and the 4 students who are on cleaning duty in my classroom for ten minutes each day, keep turning up late.
I look so much more 'alive' in Water World. Even when blurred. (It's a pixel issue)

So, today I said,
"I'm thinking of firing you. You are always late. I'd therefore like to swap you for 4 kids who not only will turn up on time, but who have an interest in speaking English, because if such students exist, then the ten minutes each day we spend cleaning my classroom together, will be the perfect opportunity for such kids to up the ante with their English skills",
but this was lost on the cleaning kids, even though I said it in Japanese, but I'm serious about this, I think it's a really good idea.
I mean, I just had 3 kids cleaning my classroom from April till last month.
We met daily for ten minutes each day.
At first they knew fck all English. The usual deal. Even though they have about 3 English classes a day.
I'd say, 'What's your name?' and they'd answer, "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?"
But, by the end of however many months we cleaned my classroom together for, they were pretty damn good at conversational English.
The proof is in the rice ball.
Thailand. 

What else sucks in my life?
Well, English Club keeps being made 'homeless' when various meetings get held in OUR room, on OUR day.
Like, wtf.
So today we had to meet in the room where the bad students are sent.
It was funny.
I joked that the kids would have to leave stealth-like, so nobody would see them.
I allowed one kid to take a pic of her sitting in the chair of the teacher in charge of disciplining students this year, with another kid hanging her head in shame whilst standing in front of the desk.
It was funneh.
You had to be there.
And I'm a terrible influenza on the kids.
Especially since I think I put the concept of shoplifting into the minds of the kids, cos I always say, at the end of each class,
 'No manbiki!',
 which means, 'No shoplifting' and OMFG, in the morning meeting yesterday, Mr Discipline, who says 'good morning' inJapanesereallyquickly, but faster than I could type that, announced that two of our students, from my class - fck - were caught on camera shoplifting at the weekend, and doh, they deserve a Darwin Award for shoplifting in their school uniforms.
Anyway, I feel guilty for joking about shoplifting in my classes.
My favourite blurred bed

English Club was great. I got all deep and open because I am just so fcking tired of having to hide who I am, like what the Japanese do.
And the kids loved it.
I did this because, whilst my picnic with Kazuyo had been a lovely affair, it was quite shocking to discover that things she told me - pretty innocent stuff, like nearly getting knocked down by a bicycle this summer in Paris - she hasn't told her family or other friends about because she thinks that her husband/daughters etc will stop her traveling because it's 'too dangerous'.
Weird huh.
Hence, in English Club,  I opened up about seeing my grandfather as a ghost, before he became a ghost.
Stuff like that.
Fck this secrecy crap.
Where was I?
Oh, yeah, I'm a complete loser but at least I am alive and Barreal now makes real beer for a fraction of the price of other real beers.

The point of this post was to share the news that - surprise surprise - cesium contaminated mushrooms have been found in Fukushima.
Doh.
Can you believe that produce being grown in a Chernobyl Zone is still being sold???
Like wtf.
When I brought this up with Kazuyo today she immediately changed the subject to, "So, when do you want to come and see my paintings?"
Anyway, time for supper.
Night camper.
Puff it up, bitch



2 comments:

judith said...

You are a fashion leader. When I started reading your blog 4 or 5 years ago, you were wearing kneesocks and over the kneesocks with boots. And now that's the rage!!! So what are you going to spring on us for Spring?

222 said...

He he he. More of the same. LOL. With the addition of leg warmers maybe.