I just woke up briefly at 4am, did a bit of checking, was about to hit the pillow again, when I read a message from Supreme Sheeple Soody, or SSS for short.
"Where would your retirement fund be without your Grampy?"
Well, fuck you, Soody.
Two other family members received the same amount that I did, which was 57k.
Their 57ks got sunk into outstanding mortgages - poof - gone in a flash, not one pound spent on anything fun or tangible, other than some bricks and mortar 'for the children'.
I have been spending mine pound by pound, relishing and respecting each and every pound my grandfather left me. Just like I invested the 4k my mother left me, turned it into 8k and got new rigging and a bottom job with it.
Not that I have to justify myself, but one day I might write a book, and I know there are those of you out there who think that my retiring early was made easy because of the money I inherited.
This is BS.
I was going to retire even before I got that money.
My retirement was made possible because of the African flat that I bought, and the boat that I bought with MY OWN SAVINGS, but more importantly, it was made possible because I am not a sheeple, I do not think I need 400,000 pounds, or however much it is the sheeple think they need, to fcking retire on.
I actually have an imagination and guts and where there's a will (okay, the will doesn't exist re: jogging or giving up refreshing beverages) there is a way, and for your information, I have 14k of my grandfather's money left, not bad considering he died in 2004, not bad considering the other people who got money from Grampy spent it all on the first day they got it.
Which is another reason why I fought The Beast in the courts because, had I given her half of what I got from Gramps, it would have got sucked into her fat ass, deadbeat mortgage. Poof, gone.
So yah, I have 14k of that money left, having spent the rest on things I remember buying, like the flat in Turkey for 29k, and then misc. things, like vitamins and spices bought online, a flight here and there, boat yard bills.
You think the average YBW person is gonna retire on 14k?
NO.
Which is why I have MY OWN savings from working in a 17K a year job for all these years.
17K that wasn't earned in Thailand, where the cost of living is low, but in Japan, where the cost of living for everything is fcking high. And yet I still managed to save. Granted, I got virtually free rent for most of my time here, but it's still a feat to have saved as much as I saved each and every month, given that I also traveled extensively for 170 weeks of my career. I actually spent money, too.
Did my friends living here manage to save?
No.
And even my savings are paltry compared to what the sheeple think they 'need' to 'retire' on.
Stupid fcks are so full of themselves they believe they need hundreds of thousands to support their vacuous lifestyles in retirement.
Even if I die in my 50's or 60's or whenever - and you have no idea how lucky I feel to still be alive given the premature deaths of both my mother and maternal grandmother, and that I don't 'expect' to reach this age or that age, given the humble in me - well, whenever I die, be it young, or old, I will die knowing that I gave early retirement a go, that I didn't live life like a sheeple, calculating that I'd need hundreds of thousands to be 'free'.
I read a daily British rag via the internet. I am always disappointed at the bitterness and resentment my fellow Brits have for various success stories. This is yet another reason why I vacated that country when I was 24.
That, and because a man rudely bumped into me at the Embankment underground station, and then looked at me and said, 'What are you fcking looking at, bitch!?'
Useless Anecdote About Being A Thrifty Fcker
Yesterday, in English Club, I brought up Steve Job's 'Last Words', the 'Oh wow, Oh Wow, Oh Wow' (Thanks Julie), and then started joking about our respective 'last words', saying that the students in the club would say, 'Where's the candy?' and I'd say, 'I bought this at half-price', and the wonderful thing is, the kids all immediately laughed at my last words because they KNOW that I am like that by now, cos I always bring up having bought d'is or d'at on special at DOMI or that my dress cost $1.
Boy, did we laugh.
p.p.s
National Holiday tomorrow. I'm glad I checked, I thought it was today.
"Where would your retirement fund be without your Grampy?"
Well, fuck you, Soody.
Two other family members received the same amount that I did, which was 57k.
Their 57ks got sunk into outstanding mortgages - poof - gone in a flash, not one pound spent on anything fun or tangible, other than some bricks and mortar 'for the children'.
| Nothing on the bed in this photo cost more than $2 |
I have been spending mine pound by pound, relishing and respecting each and every pound my grandfather left me. Just like I invested the 4k my mother left me, turned it into 8k and got new rigging and a bottom job with it.
| I am so thrifty, I will even consider wearing 'found' knickers, albeit I don't dig thongs so turned these bloomers into a duster. |
Not that I have to justify myself, but one day I might write a book, and I know there are those of you out there who think that my retiring early was made easy because of the money I inherited.
This is BS.
I was going to retire even before I got that money.
| I save $8 a time doing my own laundry. |
My retirement was made possible because of the African flat that I bought, and the boat that I bought with MY OWN SAVINGS, but more importantly, it was made possible because I am not a sheeple, I do not think I need 400,000 pounds, or however much it is the sheeple think they need, to fcking retire on.
| A solid home that can move with the wind |
I actually have an imagination and guts and where there's a will (okay, the will doesn't exist re: jogging or giving up refreshing beverages) there is a way, and for your information, I have 14k of my grandfather's money left, not bad considering he died in 2004, not bad considering the other people who got money from Grampy spent it all on the first day they got it.
Which is another reason why I fought The Beast in the courts because, had I given her half of what I got from Gramps, it would have got sucked into her fat ass, deadbeat mortgage. Poof, gone.
![]() |
| Rock on, Gramps! |
So yah, I have 14k of that money left, having spent the rest on things I remember buying, like the flat in Turkey for 29k, and then misc. things, like vitamins and spices bought online, a flight here and there, boat yard bills.
You think the average YBW person is gonna retire on 14k?
NO.
Which is why I have MY OWN savings from working in a 17K a year job for all these years.
17K that wasn't earned in Thailand, where the cost of living is low, but in Japan, where the cost of living for everything is fcking high. And yet I still managed to save. Granted, I got virtually free rent for most of my time here, but it's still a feat to have saved as much as I saved each and every month, given that I also traveled extensively for 170 weeks of my career. I actually spent money, too.
| Beef bought at half price |
Did my friends living here manage to save?
No.
And even my savings are paltry compared to what the sheeple think they 'need' to 'retire' on.
Stupid fcks are so full of themselves they believe they need hundreds of thousands to support their vacuous lifestyles in retirement.
Even if I die in my 50's or 60's or whenever - and you have no idea how lucky I feel to still be alive given the premature deaths of both my mother and maternal grandmother, and that I don't 'expect' to reach this age or that age, given the humble in me - well, whenever I die, be it young, or old, I will die knowing that I gave early retirement a go, that I didn't live life like a sheeple, calculating that I'd need hundreds of thousands to be 'free'.
| Even as a child I knew the value of money |
I read a daily British rag via the internet. I am always disappointed at the bitterness and resentment my fellow Brits have for various success stories. This is yet another reason why I vacated that country when I was 24.
That, and because a man rudely bumped into me at the Embankment underground station, and then looked at me and said, 'What are you fcking looking at, bitch!?'
Useless Anecdote About Being A Thrifty Fcker
Yesterday, in English Club, I brought up Steve Job's 'Last Words', the 'Oh wow, Oh Wow, Oh Wow' (Thanks Julie), and then started joking about our respective 'last words', saying that the students in the club would say, 'Where's the candy?' and I'd say, 'I bought this at half-price', and the wonderful thing is, the kids all immediately laughed at my last words because they KNOW that I am like that by now, cos I always bring up having bought d'is or d'at on special at DOMI or that my dress cost $1.
Boy, did we laugh.
p.p.s
National Holiday tomorrow. I'm glad I checked, I thought it was today.

5 comments:
Oh no, you see, I feel bad now.
Sorry I upset you, it's been a bad day I've managed to piss off everyone.
It's okay but I have always thought you believed me to be some silver spooned kant, and I'm not, so just wanted to set the record straight.
I still like you even though we disagree on major issues.
At least you have the good sense to read this blog, and not some of the other crap out there.
p.s I like having something to rant about, too, it keeps me busy.
No, I've never thought of you as silver spooned at all.
I just think sometimes you have a narrow objective yourself and so you project that upon the world and wonder why it doesn't have the pattern you've projected...
We all do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYA1H2CPNyk&feature=related
A narrow objective? What's narrow about wanting to be free instead of doing the 90% default working stint on earth?
I'd rather suck in my cheeks and beer belly and squeeze myself between two hard rocks, if at the end there was the light of freedom before old age, than suck up the norm and put down those people like me who are not afraid to openly talk about an alternative way of using of our precious time on this planet, in this universe.
'Narrow' for also dismissing the mass media and instead looking deeper into issues?
That's not narrow, that's fucking awesome.
Baaaaaa, you've got too much wool in your eyes.
By the way, I'm not projecting a way for others to live life, I just write about how I see life, how I live me life, how I want to live my life. This blog isn't up here because I want to be some sick cult leader, no fcking way, I'd rather start a sanctuary for abandoned animals, than 'guide' my peers towards a better life, not that I'm saying my way is the best, fck freedom, freedom sucks, no, each to their own; the workers, the breeders, the freedom seekers, the conspiracy theorist, the non-conspiracy theorists, the gamers, the non-gamers, and so on, but this is my blog and I like writing about my views on life, on my life and so on, so it ain't gonna be full of the usual stuff out there.
The fact of the matter is, I don't care if you agree with me or disagree with me. You don't pay my rent. You aren't in charge of my destiny.
I don't care how you live your life.
I care about some of your opinions on politics etc because it's people like you who help NATO etc perpetuate the notion that it's okay to illegally invade sovereign nations, which results in the death of many people. So I care about that and will openly disagree.
And one more thing I care about is having people think that I have hundreds of thousands to retire on, and that I got all my money from doing fck all and just 'collecting' from the dead.
So I had to set the record straight.
Post a Comment