I cycled to school way early this morning, what with preferring the less frenetic early morning streets, avoiding radioactive mushrooms en route, and breaking heaps of traffic laws.
Which brings me to the point of this post, which refers me back to yesterday's post on my Japanese friend and how she hasn't told her family or friends about how she got knocked down by a bicycle in Paris this past summer. (I fibbed yesterday when I said that the bike didn't hit her - it did).
What happened was this and just goes to prove my theory that BEING TRAINED TO BE A STREET DOLPHIN FROM AN EARLY AGE IS DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH.
She told me how she was really pissed off, to the point of screaming at the cyclist who was trailing a buggy thing advertising some Parisian opera or other down this smallish backstreet, because he ignored the red light, hitting her.
"I really shouted at him, " she said. "I've never done that before, got angry like that."
I listened intently and then advised that she shouldn't expect the rest of the world to be as anal about crossing streets or adhering to stop lights down backstreets, as folks are in Japan.
That study doesn't really exist but it helps you get my gist.
I then told Kazuyo about how the charitable side of me deliberately crosses streets on red lights in Japan, especially in front of young children and bent-over old people, because I want to teach them that kants like me exist, that they should learn to not mindlessly cross when the man turns green, that doing so is far riskier than sometimes looking both ways, and crossing when it's safe, regardless of whether the President of the United States is half black or half white, is more important than following some anal stop start colour code.
It's like my handwriting.
Over the years some kids have bitched that my handwriting isn't textbook perfect.
It's readable, for sure, but it ain't pretty.
I justify retaining such sloppy characters by saying that not everybody on the planet has perfect fcking handwriting, so if they learn to read mine, in addition to the handwriting of perfect mo'fo's, then they will be far more skilled at reading, than say, somebody who focuses only on perfectly written characters.
Whatever.
National Holiday tomorrow - Culture Day.
| Today I'm wearing my $1 purple dress, which I shall not keep once this stint is over. It's so naff. |
| Riding to school this morning |
What happened was this and just goes to prove my theory that BEING TRAINED TO BE A STREET DOLPHIN FROM AN EARLY AGE IS DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH.
She told me how she was really pissed off, to the point of screaming at the cyclist who was trailing a buggy thing advertising some Parisian opera or other down this smallish backstreet, because he ignored the red light, hitting her.
"I really shouted at him, " she said. "I've never done that before, got angry like that."
I listened intently and then advised that she shouldn't expect the rest of the world to be as anal about crossing streets or adhering to stop lights down backstreets, as folks are in Japan.
That study doesn't really exist but it helps you get my gist.
I then told Kazuyo about how the charitable side of me deliberately crosses streets on red lights in Japan, especially in front of young children and bent-over old people, because I want to teach them that kants like me exist, that they should learn to not mindlessly cross when the man turns green, that doing so is far riskier than sometimes looking both ways, and crossing when it's safe, regardless of whether the President of the United States is half black or half white, is more important than following some anal stop start colour code.
It's like my handwriting.
Over the years some kids have bitched that my handwriting isn't textbook perfect.
It's readable, for sure, but it ain't pretty.
I justify retaining such sloppy characters by saying that not everybody on the planet has perfect fcking handwriting, so if they learn to read mine, in addition to the handwriting of perfect mo'fo's, then they will be far more skilled at reading, than say, somebody who focuses only on perfectly written characters.
| A river runs through it |
Whatever.
National Holiday tomorrow - Culture Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment