Just like I should never have dithered over upgrading my property in SA to a second floor one because I was forced to fret about such an upgrade by the 'always plays it too safe, looks both ways ten times, will wind up working till 65 at least' friend I was with at the time, which resulted in me losing out on making a successful offer by about 10 minutes, which is something that I still kick myself over, I should also not listen to people who tell me that I won't need my camera, folks who don't understand how nice it is to take photos of even the simplest of moments; like a picnic lunch by the small river that I otherwise enjoyed today.
So now I won't be able to look at photos showing how pretty my friend looked in the beautiful Turkish shawl I bought for her this summer, or show y'all a photo of a traditional homemade Japanese rice ball and perfectly boiled Japanese radish rings, or how pretty the sunlight was on the autumn leaves that shaded us as we sat upon the traditional wooden Japanese bridge.
The moral of this story is: follow you own instinct.
Always.
So now I won't be able to look at photos showing how pretty my friend looked in the beautiful Turkish shawl I bought for her this summer, or show y'all a photo of a traditional homemade Japanese rice ball and perfectly boiled Japanese radish rings, or how pretty the sunlight was on the autumn leaves that shaded us as we sat upon the traditional wooden Japanese bridge.
The moral of this story is: follow you own instinct.
Always.
8 comments:
Oh yes! I`m doing that at the moment ( following my instincts) and I`m loosing about $60 on Forex :o)) Tee hee! sure I`m not much good at Trading. I just love Onigiri! its the UK equavalent of bubble and squeak I think isnt it? and its always a suprise as to what you will get in it :o))
>will wind up working till 65 at least
Most people need at least 40 years of earnings to save up enough for retirement.
Yeah, the sheeple do, that's for sure. Baaaaaa. It's called lacking imagination and guts to step outside of the Made in China box.
Folks want too much.
Still, I'd rather the sheeple stayed in their jobs till a few years before they keeled over from a bad diet and working inside for most of their lives, than fill up the outside world that I want to explore whilst still young and healthy and full of life.
Where would your retirement fund be without gramps?
Ooh-er.
Urgh.. Ignore me, I'm just grouchy today..
I think it's the winter coming..
He he he R, I just noticed your comment. You know me so well.
I'd much prefer the ground floor flat. Walk out any door and be outside. Steps suck, esp. once you get older. And you get the patio !!
Mata ne
Liz
Of course you sacrafice a little of the view- but you're so close anyway.
Post a Comment