Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pouring Black Paint On My Posters

Outside of blogging, I am not right. I'm only right about voting for Ron Paul.
That's about it.
Oh, and I'm right about how beneficial to your health coffee enemas are.
And I am right that this blog has been my escape this year.
When I click on 'new post', I purchase for free some time outside of my head.

The stupid thing about this year is that it will only be worth it if the relationship fails.
What a double-edged sword and is it any wonder I am so messed up.

Other moments where I am able to 'forget', occur when I am riding my bike and getting lost on purpose.
During such times I feel able to disengage from the Greater Misery that is 2011.

Oh, cry me a koi pond, which I keep finding as I explore the 'hood.
It would appear that all of Japan's small reservoirs are on this side of town.

I found a lovely one today.
Hedged in by tea terraces.

I stopped, parked the bike, and decided to have a cup of wine by the pond.

As one does.
It was lovely.
Today has been windy.
The trees were swaying back and forth.

There was lots of rustling going on.
The colours were richer than the colours lamely captured by my crap camera.

The camera shop opens tomorrow.
I hope the camera I had my eye on is still there.

After crying into the koi pond and wondering why people who drink BLACK Coffee are litterbugs - I saw two more cans elsewhere, just thrown upon the grass - fckers - well, after puffing it up by the pond, I headed to the park.

It was really full.
The Bike Train

I decided that I wanted to go on the bike train thingy, queued up but then realised that I should have bought a ticket before lining up, left the line, then heaps of babies and parents rocked up, thought fck it, I'll ride this train midweek, then bumped into my British friend and his parents, they laughed when they saw what I had been trying to do, and I could be hanging out with them right now, down the bar,  but I am so sick, so damaged, so crazy, and am in bed instead. Fck. I should have gone. I feel like such a loser. I hate this year.
Fck the duck. I want to ride the panda

I feel bad but depression is a bastard kant mo'fcking git that sucks me dry of motivation to do anything but talk to myself and go to bed early.
Bitch took my panda

Oh yeah, I bought some really cool plates/bowls made from silicon, for a buck each.
They are Christmas presents and come with a pre-nup that if it doesn't work out, I get to keep them.


Then again, I will be returning to Japan after Christmas, so I guess he can keep them if it doesn't work, and I'll just buy some more, because they are ideal for the traveling life, ideal, and especially on a boat (ha ha, the radio just said 'boat') because these babies don't break or rust.

Shoot me for having this stupid train of thought but I also bought some battery-powered fairy lights, I mean, you can't go wrong with all the above being purchased for a buck a pop.


Work tomorrow. Then Tuesday. Day off Wednesday. Work Thurs/Friday. Weekend. Half days the following week, and then getting on a plane again is just around the corner, and I love flying, so I am very excited to be getting on a plane, and I am lucky that I have 3 weeks vacation, and thank you Japan for all the vacation time you have given me over the years, because ironically, it is only since 'retirement' that I fcked up with regards to travel.
Arghhhhhhhhhhhh.
Regrets are killing my happy soul.
I'm sure I'll be fine soon.
I'm sure abnormal programming will return and it will be like the good old daze.

Gonna have a bath and shave a leg. It's a recession, dammit.

9 comments:

sokmonkee said...

"Bitch took my panda" - Better grab one while you still can... http://www.cbc.ca/shift/columnists/science/2011/11/18/science-give-up-on-saving-wild-pandas-rhinos-and-tigers/ .... http://archives.cbc.ca/programs/719-4501/page/3/

judith said...

This year in Japan was not a waste... everything happens for a reason (and I've got to make up a new saying that means the same thing, because that one is getting old.) You wouldn't have gotten those cool collapsible bowls and the funnel had you not been there.

Rhys said...

Hell of a double bind, Sok.

As a species, we seem to fail either fast or faster as stewards of the planet.

Rhys said...

Hell of a double bind, Sok.

As a species, we seem to fail either fast or faster as stewards of the planet.

Rhys said...

Oops.

Rhys said...

http://xkcd.com/367/

222 said...

Some Tourettes going on in here and wtf, my batteries, I was with a guy who knows 'everything' and we left the batts connected to the solar panels, albeit the panels were down, so that not too much sun power would enter the system, and I was led to believe this would be fine and all they'd need would be topping up now and then,
Fck.

222 said...

Yeah, I guess, Judith, but it had better have been for a good reason.

Rhys said...

If there's an input charge in the form of panels, it may be OK, but that would depend on the size of the panel and whether a charge controller shunted High Noon output, or surplus charge if the batteries were at 100%, somewhere else and didn't cook off the electrolyte in an overcharge situation.

Don't worry about what you can't change from an ocean away. Maybe the setup is good. All I can say is that batteries want a top-up to stay healthy, and if they are getting charged eight hours a day with no draw-down from a fan or a light running, they won't need much, like two to six amps depending on the size of the bank and the internal resistance of each battery. It's called a "trickle charge" for that reason...it's like a little zap to keep them at 12.8 VDC overnight.

Usually, in cases where it's a solar panel, the problem is dumping the excess, not making the charge big enough. The MPPT has to be set properly to provide the right "float" voltage.