Sunday, November 20, 2011

Puff It Up For Me

It's such a shame that I can no longer listen to the BBC News without wanting to chew off my own arm in frustration.
So it's Any Questions whilst I wait for my hair to dry before going out for a bit of a bike ride.

It seems highly possible that I'll be able to go and top the batteries up in Mexico.
I hope they are okay.
There hasn't been much of a load on them.
Or should I get the yard to do it this week?
Have I left it too long?
Fck.

Regardless, I have 3 weeks in the States, and would like to ski, go to Vegas for the all-you-can-drink-champagne deal, camp out in Death Valley, and pop down to Mexico on the bus.
And find the love again, of course.
It would be great to see the boat and I'd be able to drop off a load of crap, just in case something happens between January and March, and I wind up starting my freedom years alone.


I don't like this feeling of young swanishness but it's been a tough year and I can't believe in happilyeverafter until things start happening beyond what gets said in emails.
Uh.


I'm so good to this fruit fly. It's been pissing me off for days but I've let it live because it's a big space in here and there's room for two -  or at least for me and a fruit fly.


When I first came to Japan and lived near Kokubunji, I shared one room with 4 other girls. We laid our futons out in a row each night.

It's nice outside today.
64 degrees and windy.
70 in Phoenix.
79 in Mexico.
42 in Flag.

I put a half price slab of lean Aussie beef  (bought for half price $2) into the slow cooker with two peeled persimmons, an onion, minced garlic, some fresh rosemary, a teaspoon of cinnamon (this makes a wonderful difference) and a glass of Pinotage (damn good, 2008). I'll add some tomatoes later on.
Well, time to go out and seize the day.
The place where I saw my dream camera is re-opening today so I'll see if it's still on offer.
I also want to buy some more woolen tights.
Vote Ron Paul for Peace.


4 comments:

Rhys said...

Unless you disconnected your batteries, they are probably suffering.

The key to keeping a lead/acid battery alive is to a) keep a float charge on all the time or b) charge the hell out of them and then disconnect them in a warm, dry spot. They will then discharge about 1-2% per month, meaning they are screwed for further charging after two years or so.

That's a best case scenario. I charge my winterized boat's batteries for five hours every winter month because I don't want to haul them off the boat and into my warmer than outside basement.

222 said...

Fck.
I'd better contact the yard to do them asap.
I wish my head had been straight.
When I'm fckd up I don't give a shit about important things.
Serves me right if they are screwed.
So hard to get, too.
Fck.

Rhys said...

If you left your main battery switch on, energizing a circuit, yes, they are likely dead. If you disconnected the ground after giving them a great big charge, they might be OK because Mexico's generally warm and dry.

To give a colder example, my two new-last-year house batteries on my 33 footer were fully charged two days before I hauled. The reading was 12.8V or in that area. After hauling, and after four days in cold (not freezing, however) wind, I came down and noticed I hadn't shut off the main switch. Nothing was actually ON, mind...the main panel had cabin lights switched on but the lights themselves (LEDs) were not switched on.

The batts read 11.9 V. I charged them with a Honda 2000 for two hours.

Live and learn.

Rhys said...

PS. I really like that first bow-on shot of AJ. Shows her lines really well. Hell of a boat, Perkins. Really should be crossing the seven etceteras.