Thursday, November 10, 2011

More Of A Git Than What I Is

An interview with Slavoj Žižek, Slovenian philosopher, author, researcher and theorist.






What is your earliest memory?
My mother naked. Disgusting.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Indifference to the plights of others.
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Their sleazy readiness to offer me help when I don't need or want it.
What was your most embarrassing moment?
Standing naked in front of a woman before making love.
What makes you depressed?
Seeing stupid people happy. 
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Watching embarrassingly pathetic movies such as The Sound Of Music.
What do you owe your parents?
Nothing, I hope. I didn't spend a minute bemoaning their death.
To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
To my sons, for not being a good enough father.
What does love feel like?
Like a great misfortune, a monstrous parasite, a permanent state of emergency that ruins all small pleasures.
Have you ever said 'I love you' and not meant it?
All the time. When I really love someone, I can only show it by making aggressive and bad-taste remarks.
What is the worst job you've done?
Teaching. I hate students, they are (as all people) mostly stupid and boring.
How often do you have sex?
It depends what one means by sex. If it's the usual masturbation with a living partner, I try not to have it at all.
What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
That life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you.

8 comments:

Rhys said...

I'm not sure reading about a Slavic intellectual's fetid musings is designed to cheer you up.

But then life is endless pain, a blind idiot screaming into a bottomless void of non-meaning!

Polkadot said...

I wish I had your brain.

sokmonkee said...

I never trust questionnaire results. They are usually done by people who are trying to impress others by how pathetic they can sound or how amazingly wonderful their life is compared to yours. Much prefer the Proust Questionnaire. It can tell a lot about a person esp. if they have it sprung on them.

Polkadot said...

Hmm. Must look that up.

Minos said...

Hmmm, well maybe thats "Slovenian philosopher, author, researcher and theorist" 's for you.

I dunnio, but purrrsonally, I would never trust any utterances from a man whom has a bedside lamp with the flex entwined around it and a dodgy pin-up........

......to mention only two reasons....


Minos

Polkadot said...

No. He's not my type. I'm not so fatalistic. I actually think there is a reason to life, and death, and beyond.

Rhys said...

You would want my brain only insofar as it directs anger outwards instead of manifesting as depression. So I yell and swear a bit, and feel better. Those around me, not so much.

On the other hand, it's gotten to the stage where in order to remember something new, I have to forgot something old. Half of primary school's now vanished to be replaced with Beta Marine specs, things I need to ask my kid's teacher, and the cold tolerance figures for Mascoat dB insulating paint. Bit dull, really.

Of course, I hope to get so old that I forget that vast swathes of reality annoy me deeply, so I expect to one day be a kindly old Grampy type. Assuming being pissed off much of the time doesn't induce a stroke first, of course.

Polkadot said...

He he he. I'd still trade my brain for some of the allegory's you come out with so easily, if that's the right word.