I feel like birthing out a post whilst I savor my first fake beer of the weekend.
I've finally found a washing detergent that smells like the dream detergent I've been hunting for since Red October.
There's a student on my cleaning duty, and her clean clothes always smell extremely nice and clean, and I found out today that her mother uses Downy.
Downy has only recently arrived in Japan.
Downy reminds me of Mexico.
Downy reminds me of sitting on the white boxy suicide bus in downtown Guaymas,
soaking wet from head to toe, stinking of the putrid bay I had just swam an epic mission in at 5am in the morning, in an attempt to save my boat from Darth Vader, and sitting next to me on the bus, was this immaculately turned-out young Mexican woman, smelling of Downy.

I feel sorry that she had to sit next to me.
I was wet, stinky and looked like hell.
Indeed, I had just swimswumswam in hell's water.
Not that the detergent I bought is Downy.
I didn't know about the Downey when I bought Sweet Harmony, but Sweet Harmony rocks, I love it, probably even more then Downy.
So now you know.
I had to open a Christmas present intended for my darling - a collapsible silicon funnel (we like things like this for our travels, you know, to aid and abet in the decanting of hard liquors into small hip flasks) - in order to transfer the Sweet Harmony into a PET bottle,
and it works really well, the funnel, a great buy for a buck.
In other news, I wound up buying a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau after all.
At 690 yen, I couldn't resist.
I have yet to try it. Still on the fake beer.
And on the menu tonight?
'Gold Pasta' with a chicken, orange pepper, mozzarella, garlic, tomatoes and fresh basil sauce.
I got the bell peppers for 49 yen each. Super cheap. I will dice and freeze 'em.
5 comments:
I used to get bused from jail to court in a bus like that!!
He he. The snippets about yourself you reveal, he he he, intrigue me.
I used to drive a court bus like that*.
*may not be entirely factual.
"I used to get bused (...)"
Am I the only one who's reading (a)bused there?
Poor kid.
That looks like a prison bus or maybe a Border Patrol bus.
Post a Comment