It's still early here so I didn't expect there to be anybody around at Residence K (for kant) so when I just took out a bag of rubbish, I got surprised to bump into my neighbor and reacted with a 'Bikurri!!' which means, 'wtf!' in Japanese.
He laughed and said, 'I'm more surprised that you reacted in Japanese so spontaneously!' (Which I had to use spellcheck for)
Right. Time for an enema,
a bath,
and then to the train station and the seaside for me, because even I'm getting sick of my stupid flat-bound misery.
While I'm out for the day, a cardamon-seasoned persimmon, tomato and apple will be slowly cooking in the crock pot.
Gonna see if the puree they will become will be nice to add to a curry.
| I got 6 apples for $1 the other day |
He laughed and said, 'I'm more surprised that you reacted in Japanese so spontaneously!' (Which I had to use spellcheck for)
Right. Time for an enema,
a bath,
and then to the train station and the seaside for me, because even I'm getting sick of my stupid flat-bound misery.
While I'm out for the day, a cardamon-seasoned persimmon, tomato and apple will be slowly cooking in the crock pot.
| Experimenting with persimmons |
Gonna see if the puree they will become will be nice to add to a curry.
4 comments:
I am not convinced I have ever eaten a persimmon.
I've had a pomegranate, a kiwi, a starfruit and even a stinky durian, but not this.
Or a damson, either.
What a world.
Japanese parsimmons are not like US ones(hard and bitter). They are sweet and juicy. And the flesh melts in your mouth.
Maybe TMI ?? Hehehe
Mata ne
Liz
*persimmons*
I've had US persimmons and didn't like them. My mom would wreck the car pulling off the road to pick them from trees along the highway, she loved them.
Bikurri... I'm going to start using that word, at work.
Post a Comment