I often imagine becoming a Bore Again Christian when I look up at the ceiling of my classroom to ask the Lord 'Why'?
Then I remember the $222 I'm making each day, and how far such earnings will go in countries where life and culture is still 'out there' on the streets or in the fields, instead of being sucked into the TVnado; and how far such money will go eventually; that each cent will pay for Freedom From Enslavement To The System or FFETTS for short, and then I know 'Why'.
But sometimes there's no need to look for guidance because sometimes it just all seems worth it, beyond payday, and that sometimes moment or SM for short, happened today.
One of the kids, who I taught when she was a 3rd year junior high student, who is now in the final year of high school, made a rare appearance in the teachers room to ask another teacher a question, but wound up chattering mostly to me, about, tah dah, her interest in Turkey.
She told me how she'd become interested in the country ever since taking my class in 2008, and that it was the first country she wanted to visit after saving up some money to travel after she graduates.
I was really happy to hear this.
I'm going to give her and her friend one of the many Protect You From Becoming A Sheeple keyrings that I bought in Turkey this summer.
She also remembered the candy-floss-like cake I'd shared with the students back in '08, although the friend she was with today, who I also taught, who now has her Grade 1 Boating Certificate, again because she got influenza from me talking about boats, but who got 3 days of the runs after eating the Turkish floss, but that's a tigression, well, I wanted to say it was fab to chat to these girls, to know that I'd made a difference, and they promised to come and see me more often once they'd taken the entrance exams for university, which start next week.
Take a breath.
Right. Time to finish off this delicious dessert wine,
have an enema, take a lingering bath, scent my cleavage with "Miracle" by Lancome Body Lotion,
and then settle down to watch 'Religulous'.
Then I remember the $222 I'm making each day, and how far such earnings will go in countries where life and culture is still 'out there' on the streets or in the fields, instead of being sucked into the TVnado; and how far such money will go eventually; that each cent will pay for Freedom From Enslavement To The System or FFETTS for short, and then I know 'Why'.
| Cycling home this early evening |
But sometimes there's no need to look for guidance because sometimes it just all seems worth it, beyond payday, and that sometimes moment or SM for short, happened today.
One of the kids, who I taught when she was a 3rd year junior high student, who is now in the final year of high school, made a rare appearance in the teachers room to ask another teacher a question, but wound up chattering mostly to me, about, tah dah, her interest in Turkey.
She told me how she'd become interested in the country ever since taking my class in 2008, and that it was the first country she wanted to visit after saving up some money to travel after she graduates.
| Crossing the bridge tonight |
I was really happy to hear this.
I'm going to give her and her friend one of the many Protect You From Becoming A Sheeple keyrings that I bought in Turkey this summer.
| A few of my readers deserve one of these. |
Take a breath.
Right. Time to finish off this delicious dessert wine,
have an enema, take a lingering bath, scent my cleavage with "Miracle" by Lancome Body Lotion,
| Over-exposed but whatever. It cost a buck at the recycle shop. Yeah. I wouldn't waste my money on this stuff otherwise. |
and then settle down to watch 'Religulous'.
1 comment:
I thought some of the Christians in that film were going to tear off the other cheek of Bill Maher at one point.
But they forbode. Is "forbode" right?
Smite me if I lie.
Post a Comment