Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cowboys And Radiation

I guess gross stupidity deserves it's own post so I'll make this my ALL THINGS STUPID post for today.

First we've got TEPCO admitting that some dodgy fission doo dah is going on in Reactor 2, which isn't as worrying (well it is, actually) as the reaction, pardon the pun, to this news from my Japanese co-workers, which is zero reaction.
I just don't get it.
Everybody here seems to be in extreme denial that anything is wrong up in Fukushima.
I have students defending the eating of local fish and Fukushima mushrooms.
I have teachers going on long weekends to hot springs in Fukushima.
I have neighbors who change the subject as soon as I bring up Fukushima.
And now you've got a supreme dumbass in the government DRINKING WATER THAT WAS SOURCED FROM WITHIN ONE OF THE REACTORS to prove that it's safe.
Like WHAT THE FUCK.
Stupid fck
It reminds me of Zuma in South Africa, who said that as long as you washed your hands, jumped up and down, and said, 'Vote Ron Paul' three times in Xhosa, after having unprotected sex with an HIV+ person, you'll be fine.
He undid a decade of educating the folks in the townships about safe sex.

And now this government fool.
Here he is again.

And when I just mentioned this to the teacher next to me..the response...nothing....

Check out this link http://radioactive.eu.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=368:meltdown-no5&catid=38:fp-rokstories&Itemid=212

Scary stuff.

6 comments:

Rhys said...

I often wonder if the clever thing to do for a confirmed misanthrope would not be to turn into a hermit, or to become a ruthless dictator bent on direct genocide of one group or another, but simply to become a politician or, even better, a "celebrity", and then to just spout nonsense that will convince people to do precisely the wrong, and frequently deadly, thing.

Like that bint who thinks vaccines made her kid retarded, instead of, perhaps, the lines of coke and leaks from her silicone breasts. Like this minor player eager to have glowing piss. Like that twat Zuma, who must really want his fellow black South Africans to die in a painful, protracted way.

There's no way you could bump off so many people by just being a run-of-the-mill serial killer. If you *really* want to rack up the body count, be a politician, an ignorant celebrity, or a Pope.

judith said...

I like that Rhys. Talk about a Sheeple convention. And let's keep tabs on the joker with the water glass. While we're at it, have they shown much about those poor fellows who were the first responders to the radiation spill in the reactors? I didn't think so.

222 said...

I agree with your entire comment, r, apart from the jab at the Germans, given that in my experience, Germans have been the best lovers, or those of German lineage.

222 said...

Judith
Nothing gets said on Fukushima here. Nothing. Nobody talks about it.

Thor said...

He's a politician so that water didn't come from Fukushima. It's unknown why he's advocating drinking water from inside the reactors, but that water came from Fiji.

Rhys said...

Did I mention the Germans? Well, they're known for efficiency, not lovemaking, but perhaps there's a spot in the bedroom where the two intersect. Personally, I've always thought "Ich liebe dich" sounded like a threat issued by an ill cat, not a promise of sensual excess.

I've met a lot of Germans in my life, and while I haven't slept with them, let's just say there's something to the stereotypes in my experience...and I actually like them, in general. But leave the jokes to me, Franz.