| Souping up the bike with extra reflectors |
My day.
I decided to go and collect the Buckled Bike from the store where I left it yesterday, by cycling there, and then cycling back with the two bikes.
| 20 yen kangaroo leather key ring I found at the recycle shop last week. |
It was not an insignificant distance.
I careened into a hedge just the once, when handlebars and basket locked horns.
| I cross this bridge every single day |
And some junior high kids, sitting on a corner near the flat, called out, 'Kakoiii', as I wobbled past, which means, 'Cooooool'!
I'll probably see my photo in the Chunichi Shinbun on the morrow.
| Futons airing upon balconies Anyway, en route to the store, I took a road ne'er taken before, and found a pretty park, wi' a bit of dense forest and swings. |
The day I can't fit my ass on a swing, is the day that I know my life is more or less over.
I love swings.
If I get married, which doesn't seem very likely because I find love more upsetting than joyful, but if I get married, I'd like a swing at the land. I would have written to him about this dream of mine today but I didn't hear from him so fck it.
I will more than likely be single if we keep going round in circles, and if that's the case, I will instead make a portable swing that I rig up in trees around the world..
What a dream that would be.
To arrive in a bay, find a tree, erect the swing.
And swing.
Swing in peace.
Looking at my boat, anchored somewhere remote, far from the madding crowd of luminescent supermarkets, game centres and Starbucks.
Anyway, I bought another bottle of Kirin whisky because it came with the free glass, and if I am not single, I will gift the glass, and if I am single, then I will have two, so blah, and I also bought a bloc of pork at half price, $4 instead of $8.
But when I got it home, I noticed that it didn't smell too good.
So expect to see me entered into the Guinness Book Of Records next year for being the first person in Japan to ever take a perishable back to a shop.
It was funny. The man I spoke to was a bit lost for words, but when he found the words, after sniffing the raw slab of meat that I'd set upon the counter of the souvenir cake section of the store, he found loads of words, you know, loads of words that I never use, the polite Japanese words, loads of them, I had no fcking idea what he was going on about, and actually thought he wasn't going to give me my money back, and I think that was his plan, to hypnotise me with the words, so that I'd turn around and walk out of the store, forgetting why I'd gone there in the first place, but I just continued looking at him with that look that says, 'and so?', and got my money back.
Yeah, whatever, who cares.
Gonna finish watching Panic Button tonight, after a coffee enema and lingering bath, of course.
It's a pretty good flick.
2 comments:
I love to swing! In a swing. I always get a swing if I have to do playground duty. I wait for a kid to get out of a swing then I run for it like all the other kids, they are always amazed that I can run so fast. Sometimes they just offer up the swing that they are in, I guess they are afraid that I'm going to break a hip running for it if they just bail out.
The best swings are suspended from a preventered boom, in my view. Bit wet, though.
Post a Comment