So yeah, anyway, but, and, if, to, on, under, I'm bored so will write this post.
Here's what went on in my previous class, not sure how we got onto the topic of raw horse, but we did.
Me: How do you say 'basashi' in Japanese?
Students: Raw egg!
Me: No. Raw horse. Hey, have you ever tried raw dinosaur?
S: Ha ha ha no.
Me: You sure are lucky living in this day and age. When I was young, it was so risky coming to school with dinosaurs all over the place. The teacher had to do a careful headcount daily. Three times I got swooped on by a pterodactyl. Three times!!
Right. Open your book to page number 220. Oops, sorry, there are only 55 pages.
Okay, Kenta, what language do people speak in Mexico?"
I know, I sure am going crazy.
| Japanese roofs are my favourite roofs in the world |
The homeroom teacher of the Zombie Class just came to ask me some questions regarding the students.
It seems that they are giving lots of teachers a hard time, albeit in the other classes they are really noisy and don't study, whereas in my class they are so silent that I can hear my broken heart beat.
Weird huh.
I told the teacher that I think they are affected by the phases of the moon and that I needed to do more research on the matter.
It's a shame, that class, cos 3/4 of the kids really want to study and appear to want to laugh at my jokes, but something holds them back, the zombie few, who really bring the temperature of the class down to almost freezing point.
Boring post over.
Cleaning duty, then I'm off home.
I've started leaving early if I have nothing to do.
I'm beyond caring.
Oops, this boring post isn't over yet.
Gonna make it even more boring by sharing with y'all my absolutely fantastic highly successful class with the 3rd year junior high kids this morning.
It was a special Open Day for parents to come and observe the classes, so I had a few parents join.
Boy did the kids do well.
I'd asked them to find a headline in their newspapers at home, write it in Japanese, and then in English.
I am so proud of my kids.
The class sounds dull, huh, not at all, on the contrary, it was kick ass, feisty, fun, and the students showed their parents that they have an evolved wit compared to that of their older peers. Yeah, I know, 'older peer' is an oxymoron.
Some of the headlines were about Libya. Cool, huh.
This one kid, well, I'd joked with him about choosing a really lame headline the other day for class,
"Dragons Yushou!' which means, 'Dragons Win', about a baseball team, so as 'revenge', a word I'd taught them months ago, he said to me, 'Ha ha, check out this headline. This is revenge for you teasing me yesterday!'.
He'd chosen a really long headline about Toyota car company and a new policy for 5 days this month where nobody will be able to do any overtime.
It was so long I needed two whiteboards to fit it all on.
Anyway, you had to be there.
Fantastic class.
Lots of laughter.
Clever wit.
Over and out of here.
No comments:
Post a Comment