If I had a restaurant, I think I'd have a Pork, Rosemary and Thyme Crock Pot on the go all the time because even before it starts cooking, it smells inviting and comforting. Like a country kitchen.
I will leave it on low, get home around 1pm, and voila, a lovely lunch will be ready.
For the past four days, I have held off from drinking wine and instead have a dram or two of Scotch.
I certainly notice that I'm visiting the cashpoint a lot less often since not putting a bottle of wine in my shopping basket by default.
I'll treat myself this weekend, though.
Indeed, I think today's lunch will pair well with a Pinotage.
I knew I shouldn't have blogged about how good I was feeling about avoiding wine this past four days; it's made me want to buy a bottle.
Sigh.
I was doing so well, too.
Then again, it is the weekend.
I will leave it on low, get home around 1pm, and voila, a lovely lunch will be ready.
For the past four days, I have held off from drinking wine and instead have a dram or two of Scotch.
I certainly notice that I'm visiting the cashpoint a lot less often since not putting a bottle of wine in my shopping basket by default.
I'll treat myself this weekend, though.
Indeed, I think today's lunch will pair well with a Pinotage.
I knew I shouldn't have blogged about how good I was feeling about avoiding wine this past four days; it's made me want to buy a bottle.
Sigh.
I was doing so well, too.
Then again, it is the weekend.
| Breakfast. Drinking yogurt blended with Chia Seeds, frozen blueberries and a 1/4 tsp of L-Lysine powder and a 1/4 tsp of Inositol. The colour is really pretty. |
5 comments:
I for one have never considered weaning myself off wine with Scotch.
It's like weaning yourself off masturbation with group sex, isn't it? If "weaning" is the right verb. Perhaps not.
It's because I'm on a diet. Just need to shed a few pounds around the middle, piled on via wine, beer and raki, and then normal imbibing will resume. I miss wine, but a dram or two takes the edge off my supreme boredom, not that I sit there doing nothing, I'm always thinking and plotting, but I do so like a drink of an evening.
I guess that's why I'm having trouble with the whittle of the middle. Alright... I'm in between bottles of wine so I guess I'll abstain and see if I can get back in to the size smaller jeans.
I agree with the evening cocktail. My favorite aunt lived an awesome life and swore by 2-3 fingers of Seagrams VO every evening. She was an awesome lady. She always said it's the little things in life that keep you going. Like a comfy home to come to after a hard day at work. A nice relaxing hobby and a lovely cocktail. Hey! She taught me to knit and to drink!!!
Hmmmm, what to partake of tonight?
What is it with these Chia seeds too? I could not get down the isle of Whole Foods the other day because there were so many people pondering over Chia Seeds.
They are awesome, Judith.
An excellent source of the omegas, and so easy to whip up in a drink of a morning, energy giving, heaps of healthy vits/minerals in them etc, but don't get them local, they are probably pricey, get them at vitacost.com - shipping for any amount of whatever you buy is a nice, cheap $4.99. (Not for me though, being abroad, but still well worth it)
Post a Comment