Friday, October 14, 2011

In A Daze

During my last test supervision of the week, I calculated how many days of work I have left, be they half days, or full days.
October. 10 full days.
November. 15 full days. 3 half days. Total: 18 days of work. $4000
December. 10 full days. 5 half days. Total: 15 days of work. $4000
Winter vacation: It's either from the 17th or the 21st (need to figure that out) till Jan. 10th.
January. 13 full days. 2 half days. Total: 15 days of work. $4000
February. 5 full days. 6 half days. Total:  Kinda sorta 11 days of work. The virutally non-existent schedule for Feb. is because the month is full of days off due to Entrance Exams. $4000
March. 6 full days. 2 half days. Total: 8 days. $4000

Basically, and I said this back in 2008, and I've said it this year, once I reach the winter vacation mark, it's virtually over.
Whilst the main reason for not quitting in the summer was because I thought it somewhat risky, given the rockiness of the past couple of years, and that I would feel really really suicidal if things went bottom-up and I had to live with having turned down earning at least $30k, another reason, when trying to justify staying on was that I knew how easy it would be once I had crawled through the fall and into the winter. I'd suffered enough pre-summer, I could suffer some more, and at the end of it, if things went bottoms-up, I would have the means to truly start my life over, whilst feeling proud of myself for seeing it through, for not disappointing the school, or my company, who just the other day asked me to stay for another year. Um, no, thank you so much, but This Is It.
So wow wow wow for my life starting mid-December.
Between now and then Japan becomes very pretty, the food more comforting (hot pots etc), and the snow will start to fall in late November. It will be like being on vacation in a unique country that most never get to visit. I will make the most of these last few months. I am a fall/winter person in Japan, well, almost anywhere with four seasons actually.
I will know very soon if I am to join forces with another, or go it alone.
I love him very, very much and would love to be with him for the rest of my life, but if we cannot agree on certain things, then I'm not even going to give it a chance. It's now or never. We've had plenty of chances to have made this work, and this happening, this stupid fcked up year happening, when there was no need for it to happen, is something that I don't take lightly when deciding my new future.
UPDATE
Hmmm. Things are looking rosy. 

No comments: