Oh dear, here I am again, at the computer keyboard.
I just cycled home.
The wind has picked up.
It is bringing with it rain.
The sky is bright grey.
It's 2:28pm.
It's Friday.
I'm gonna kick back.
Shamisen twangs.
I am really lucky, aren't I.
Even though it's been hard to deal with the reality of this year, my lifestyle is pretty peachy.
This is how it was for my entire career, albeit Before Retirement and Changing As A Person (falling in love propelled me to adulthood, which I had tried to avoid, which is why I have never learned how to drive)
Each January I would start the work year having just come back from an average of 3 weeks of paid vacation.
Then it would be February, and if you read the below post you'll see that there's not much work being done during that month, and then I was usually booking my next flight for the spring vacation, which usually gave me around 3.5 weeks.
But the point of this post isn't to say that I have been damn lucky with my 'career' as FILTH, the point is to say that I went grocery shopping on the way home today, and I got some great bargains.
I am currently enjoying an appetizer of Sweet Pickled Japanese Radish and Kimchee with a beer.
I just cycled home.
The wind has picked up.
It is bringing with it rain.
The sky is bright grey.
It's 2:28pm.
It's Friday.
I'm gonna kick back.
Shamisen twangs.
I am really lucky, aren't I.
Even though it's been hard to deal with the reality of this year, my lifestyle is pretty peachy.
This is how it was for my entire career, albeit Before Retirement and Changing As A Person (falling in love propelled me to adulthood, which I had tried to avoid, which is why I have never learned how to drive)
Each January I would start the work year having just come back from an average of 3 weeks of paid vacation.
Then it would be February, and if you read the below post you'll see that there's not much work being done during that month, and then I was usually booking my next flight for the spring vacation, which usually gave me around 3.5 weeks.
But the point of this post isn't to say that I have been damn lucky with my 'career' as FILTH, the point is to say that I went grocery shopping on the way home today, and I got some great bargains.
| Exotic Vittels |
I am currently enjoying an appetizer of Sweet Pickled Japanese Radish and Kimchee with a beer.
The ASDA Extra Special (French) Cab Sav 2010 is breathing. I haven't bought a bottle of French in a long, long time.
The Pork is waiting patiently, perfectly cooked, the meat falling apart.
It smells divine.
Yum.
I might be here alone but I am happy that I can 'play' at life, that I have things that I really enjoy doing - like cooking and eating and writing stupid stuff like this - and I am fortunate that I can do this and that my job allows me to go home so frequently at the half day mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment