I believe the love is finally going to work.
What a journey it has been.
The background is most important.
Until meeting this man, I had never fallen in love.
Ever.
I didn't know what falling in love felt like.
I was a kid, having fun in Japan, traveling 13 weeks of the year, love never figured.
I see things clearly. If I fall in love, I know that there is a good reason for falling in love.
I won't go on and on right now, I will retire for the evening, but put yourself in my shoes, I had 'retired', I had just spent a month in Malaysia having a great time, I had spent the previous 12 months, traveling extensively, living in Kyoto again, really loving my life, I then got on a plane to finally arrive at my boat in Mexico.
10 days after my arrival, I was expecting Jack, my crew, to arrive. I was super excited about this new life. I was far from bored. Very, very far from bored. I had no need for any kind of distraction.
But the moment I got out of the taxi that had brought me from Guaymas to San Carlos, there was a man, walking through the boatyard gate, he smiled at me, as I stood there in my Pippy Longstockings and Haiawatha rags, and I fell immediately in love.
Like wtf, I was not bored, I was not a poor woman looking for a man to take care of me or give me ideas on how to spend my life, I was not looking for sperm. I had just arrived to get bonded with my boat and to 'sail across the Pacific'.
So wtf.
I tell ya, it was a powerful moment for me.
That falling in love thing.
It has been a journey, and maybe it will crumble, but I will give it one more chance, this coming winter.
If it crumbles, I am okay, because I worked this year.
To be continued.
What a journey it has been.
The background is most important.
Until meeting this man, I had never fallen in love.
Ever.
I didn't know what falling in love felt like.
I was a kid, having fun in Japan, traveling 13 weeks of the year, love never figured.
I see things clearly. If I fall in love, I know that there is a good reason for falling in love.
I won't go on and on right now, I will retire for the evening, but put yourself in my shoes, I had 'retired', I had just spent a month in Malaysia having a great time, I had spent the previous 12 months, traveling extensively, living in Kyoto again, really loving my life, I then got on a plane to finally arrive at my boat in Mexico.
10 days after my arrival, I was expecting Jack, my crew, to arrive. I was super excited about this new life. I was far from bored. Very, very far from bored. I had no need for any kind of distraction.
But the moment I got out of the taxi that had brought me from Guaymas to San Carlos, there was a man, walking through the boatyard gate, he smiled at me, as I stood there in my Pippy Longstockings and Haiawatha rags, and I fell immediately in love.
Like wtf, I was not bored, I was not a poor woman looking for a man to take care of me or give me ideas on how to spend my life, I was not looking for sperm. I had just arrived to get bonded with my boat and to 'sail across the Pacific'.
So wtf.
I tell ya, it was a powerful moment for me.
That falling in love thing.
It has been a journey, and maybe it will crumble, but I will give it one more chance, this coming winter.
If it crumbles, I am okay, because I worked this year.
To be continued.
1 comment:
That's the way it happens, when you least expect it. So it's best when we try not to force anything, just sit back and let things happen as the universe has already lined up for us.
No, I haven't been smoking any star stuff that makes me see animals in the sky. Just two cups of coffee on the deck this morning and I'm not going to work (and I didn't even call in drunk!)
Post a Comment