I slept well. It was a Water World sleep. I always slept deeply on the boat, albeit I always had one ear open for sea sounds.
So yesterday I cycled on over to these guys. From the start I said that I had a boat, that I missed boats, asked them if they had boats, what they were doing with their brooms and so on.
Re: the latter, the brooms, they were sweeping water off the dockside. Looking down at the water level - it was at least 5 feet below the dock, and then hearing that the tide took the water high above the dock to around 1ft up the wall - I couldn't believe that there could have been such a high tide.
I mused that it might have been because of recent solar ejection events, using my arms to act out a solar flare explosion, pointing at the sun, and wishing that I knew such words in Japanese.
I kept saying, 'You're lucky you have boats. I really miss not having a boat in Japan.' and before you could say, 'dooh dah', they said to me, 'Do you want to come out on the boat today? We had no plans to but we'd rather take the boat out, than clean up this shit on the dock.' It was funny, whilst we were out on the sea, a couple of guys called them and asked, 'Where the fuck are you? We're here for cleaning duty, like we planned!' and my guys would answer, 'Oops. Sorry. We met a British chick and we're currently partying near Oshima or O Island in English, which means, 'Big Island.'
Oops, I tigressed....they said, 'wanna come sailing..'.....I said 'you betcha' and the rest is history but not the kind of HIStory that Michael Jackson had, I mean, wtf, suffering from such bad insomnia that he had to use a surgical anesthetic. That guy was crazy!
I'm tigressing again.
There was plenty of conversation out there on the ocean waves, unlike Mission Ignore I had to go through on the boat in May/June. God, that was so dull, sitting there, listening to the guys drone on and on about boring crap, being a nobody, like 'helloooooooo'.
Not these guys.
These guys LOVE Water World.
They said to me, 'Why isn't my wife like you. Sigh. Hardly any women like boats in Japan.'
Then another guy quipped, 'Ah, but Maria's British. The Brits are really into sailing.'
I said, 'For sure, we have a salty history but these days I don't think you'll find many women my age who think about doing this.'
One guy, the guy in the red, said that what he wanted to do was to fck off out of Japan and go sail the oceans....said that he had nothing to lose, he'd die soon anyway, that he wished he was more like 'British sailors' to which I added, 'Nah, I don't think it's like that these days. Folks are tied up on land. Folks have lost their dreams to video games and having kids who then play video games.'
Like wtf, did you read about that guy in his 40's who was an 'online gamer' who went and 'throttled' some kid for being a smart ass and 'killing' him online.
I say throttle away but be successful next time, and then go and hang yourself from a tree, because seriously, what is this game playing crap? Okay, I am guilty of sitting down at the computer and tapping out this rubbish. I also use the computer to read up on Inside Jobs and Bottom Jobs, but on the whole, take me out of this work environment, and you'll more than likely find me doing something in the real. I just don't get gaming. It's sad that 28 out of 30 kids in each class spend a lot of their free time playing 'games'. It is very sad.
I'm tigressing.
One of the men, without the hat, was single. His friends were saying, 'Maria loves boats, Maria loves this kind of life. You should get together'. Ha ha. It's not like my sole mission is to 'get together' with somebody, Jesus, it's been hard enough 'staying together', but I could see where they were coming from and it was just another way of saying, 'We wish our wives were into this.'
The guy without the hat, well, he virtually lives at the dock, sleeps on his boat, and has collected a pile of wood for a steel barrel fire thingy he uses in the winter months to keep warm. I am definitely going to go and hang out with him sometimes, the nights are getting darker, it would be so cool to sit on that little working mans' dock, round a fire and sip on hot sake.
Anyway, today, whilst my heart is still dark and I feel like crap about this year so far, I feel I have to make an effort to go out, I can't just lie on the bed and stare at the ceiling or get into playing computer games, so I think I will take myself back to Eco Bike Land and do some exploring.
It's a sunny, cool, breezy day.
I love autumn.
4 comments:
They look like fun people Maria, hey I am guilty of the game playing thing at the moment... will last a few more days and then I will be bored with it.... Life is good, but sometimes brain numbing stuff is good too
I concur, Sig. I mean, my trawling for news of a morning is my version of how to brain numb. I love it. Going from this stupid story to the next. Then popping out of for some real news. Then blogging, also is numbing for me, I like to enter another zone, for sure, we can't always be engaged with the real, and believe me, I am not, hence I am drinking wine before 9am because the real sometimes ain't the deal, but whilst playing games for a short time in ones lifetime might be okay, I'm talking about folks who play daily, daily, if they have any free time, they game. It's sad but I don't care really because I don't like humans very much so it's not as if I am feeling sorry for them, I just wish they wouldn't breed cos of over population, acidifying of the oceans, polars bears having less ice mass to fish from, and so on.
Serial gamers should game, not breed, and then die as soon as possible to leave more space on planet earth for red squirrels etc.
;)
Loads of spelling mistakes in the above. I blame the boozy breakfast. Hic. Bwhahahaha. Evil roar. Shoot me.
I don´t wake up early enough on weekends to drink before midday....
Post a Comment