Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Evening Camper

My favourite bar of soap is the middle one
I pretty much listen to the radio constantly. Programmes like, Wake Up To Money, From Our Own Correspondent, Money Box, Business Daily, News Hour and so on. What is strange, or 'fushigi' in Japanese, is that the radio often throws out exactly the same word that is going through my head at a certain time.
Just now I sat down and started to think, 'Every day is a mental struggle. I have to put what happened this year out of my mind. It is so hard though. I don't know how I get through the day. I am so lonely. I feel sick when I realise that this didn't need to happen. Why the fck did it happen?' and so on. And just as I thought 'struggle' to myself, the radio said 'struggle', which is what inspired me to write this piece of negative rubbish.
I feel like crap. I really do. I could start a rant about how I am so disappointed with so many students but I won't even bother. They are not worth my time anymore. Just a few, a few I will concentrate on. The rest can get stuffed and stew in their lingual ignorance.
The only thing that makes me feel better is when I remind myself that I am only 43, and that for a 43 year old with an average education and no skills, I've done okay so far.
I also remind myself that it's not long till December. And then after December it will be January 10th, and then February is short, and I finish around the 16th of the following month. Not long to go.
I feel like Amanda Knox.
She's so lucky. She just got paid a huge salary for each of her years in prison. A millionairess at the age of 24. What she went through is going to be so worth it. I am really happy for her. I wish somebody had wrongly accused me of a murder when I was 20. Sigh. I'm never in the wrong place at the right time.

3 comments:

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Some kids just aren't into languages. I know I wasn't. I struggled to learn French because I wasn't interested, although I did manage to just about hold a conversation with a lady on a market stall somewhere in Brittany when I was 14. She had great boobs, as I recall. About the only thing I can remember now is Bonjour jeune dame. Je t'aime. Peut on dormir ensemble?

It's always easy to remember important stuff ;-) :-D

Rhys said...

I've been watching clips from the erudite British quiz show "QI", with Stephen Fry.

Very funny stuff...after the kid went to bed I had to stifle some guffaws.

Polkadot said...

I'll check it out, r.