| Residence K - Where No English Shall Be Spoken |
Mr Smile just told me that he was heading to Fukushima aka Japan's Death Zone, for a trip to a hot spring. I said that I thought he was crazy, that he's gonna be breathing in radiation stuff, that the food he'll be eating will be contaminated, that the water he'll be steeping his body in will for sure be contaminated, but he just laughed it off and said, 'I'm old. I won't die from the radiation'. Which is exactly what the mother-in-law of a guy my age, who lives up in Tokyo, tells his young family when they express concern about the food they are eating. "I'm 83. I'm not worried'. The guy is though. She's their cook!
I asked Mr Smile if he got a big discount. I said, 'So, I take it the 3 days, including hotel, private jet, free pass to the hot spring, will cost you about 50 cents?'
I then went on to say that I was considering a holiday in Chernobyl.
Such is my life here.
Stupid.
1 comment:
Well join the stupid club. Like wot I done.
Post a Comment