Friday, October 28, 2011

El Past



I wish I felt like I wanted to do something this weekend. I used to love the weekends when I lived in Japan proper, you know, when it was my life, and not a big.fcking.mistake, like what this year is..
I was always going out and partying.



But then again, I did abruptly stop wanting to party back in 2004.
Maybe it was getting sick in late 2003 that made me want to seek more out of my life, more than just going out each weekend and getting wasted.


Yep, all of a sudden I wasn't into partying and instead started to seek more outdoorsy daytime things to do on the weekends, like shoplifting at farmer's markets.
And this is the reason why I ended up with a boat.
And two Competent Crew certificates.
As one does.
Comp Crew Cape Town
















So I guess it's not surprising that I feel like I do on the weekends at this stage in my life, having come from ultimate freedom and doing outdoorsy things, to becoming a prisoner of my own lack of imagination, whilst exiled in the Land of Concrete on a self-imposed budget.
Maybe I'll go 'Shinking' tomorrow.

4 comments:

Rhys said...

I think I was unaware you'd actually sailed in South African waters.

Respect for that...it's the east to west trip Madagascar to Cape Town that concerns me more than the trans-Atlantic bits.

Pseudonym said...

DS Time perhaps?

It'd make a good write up for the blog despite the entertaining political conspiracy arguments, many of us are really after the boat story..

222 said...

'Conspiracy Theory'. Give me a break, Supreme Sheeple of the Sheeple.
You're the kind of person who'd call white, black.
I'm just happy this is the cyber world and not the real world. You'd get on my tits in a flash with your less than healthy support of default views.

Yes, r, I remember thinking that the sailing I'd one in Japan, down in Kobe, was like sailing on a mill pond, compared to the chop that I experienced off Cape Town. It was great fun!

222 said...

done not one