Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Been A Quiet Year For Storms On The Pacific Side


And before I spill coffee on my passport or something, I just want to say that I'm a lucky bitch for having a tree outside my window. Nobody else at Residence K (yeah, rub it in) has a tree in front of their room, WITH A BIRD THAT VISITS DAILY, nobody, not anyone, not no-one, just me, I'm the one with the tree and the bird. It's all mine. The leaves rustle. An added bonus. Plus it's one of those trees that won't lose its leaves, so I can continue jumping on the mini tramp and not have to close my curtains because the tree hides the room somewhat. I am the elder of Residence K. The other inmates are all students at the local Japanese Language school. They come from China, Taiwan and so on. I have yet to properly meet them but I know their rubbish really well because it gets left in garbage cans that are next to my room. There is absolutely NO recycling going on here. It's fucked. I wonder why that is? Why are we not being forced to separate our rubbish like every other person in Japan? I wonder what reputation this 'residence' at the top of the hill has? I have met a local. A weird Japanese woman, who comes and stands in front of my window with her cat, who she keeps on a lead. The cat just stands there, with its lead trailing back up to the hand of Weird Woman. It never moves. Maybe it's a stuffed cat. I'll take a closer look the next time she comes and stands slap bang in front of my window. Maybe I'll put old CD's on the tree, so that the glare from the sunlight hitting them, keeps her away. Maybe she'll go and stand in front of the rubbish instead.
Who knows. That's a lot of maybes.
And no, that's not the Loch Ness Monster on my desk.
FUCK! I can't believe it. Two guys have just rocked up to trim the tree. Fack orf! Let it be! Nooooo! The saw!
I just told them to not cut too much off it.
They looked at me funny.

2 comments:

sokmonkee said...

Ooh, ooh!! A weird lady....and she has a cat!!!?? Maybe soon some cat photos...???? Can't wait.....

judith said...

Maybe some weird lady photos. Does she stare into the window at you? That's the perfect time to take a picture, jump out from behind the curtain and snap the picture.