Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Evening Camper


Barometrically low today.
Still trying to figure out why Residence K isn't forced to recycle.
It's not right.
I don't think you can have a true Japanese experience unless you get totally into recycling.
Was plugging the United Nations University today.
Nobody knows about it.
Like I care.
I watch elementary school kids walk past in the mornings, and thank my lucky stars that I'm nearly 40 years older than they are; that I got to fly in planes when passengers could still enter the cockpit.
I forgot to write about this - I find it impossible to look at my photos from the summer - but on the outward journey, at Abu Dhabi Airport, there was a cask of booze in the duty free that was there for you to taste test, but there were no cups left....no worries....I always carry a goblet for times like this, and so I placed my goblet under the cask and started filling it. I thought it was wine. It was cognac. Expensive cognac. It took me a few seconds for my ears to tune in to a guy on the register shouting, 'Hey! Enough! Enough! Stop!'
I said, 'Oops, sorry, I thought it was wine,' and then asked how much booze I could take into Turkey, and he said, '7 bottles' and I said, 'You're lying. You want me to get into trouble.' He said, 'No. It's the truth.'
It was the truth.
Out of all the countries in the world, Turkey allows the most booze to be taken in.
Now you know.
Goodnight. It is time for me to enter the White Noise Zone.




3 comments:

Rhys said...

Sounds like an illegal raki to me.

Liz said...

I tried the white noise last night.
It almost drove me UP THE WALL :))
Maybe I had the volume too high.
Sounded like a TV stuck on static.

Rhys said...

My late father once left his hearing aid in when he fell asleep in his chair...as one did...and every snore would generate a wee bit of feedback from the hearing aid, making a sort of chorus of the damned featuring buzzsaw noises and tiny screams.