Monday, September 26, 2011

Afternoon Camper

It's been raining for much of the day but when it stopped I knew that I  had to go out before I totally polished off the bottle of Pinotage in one sipping or put a helium bag on my head because beneath the bravado I am fcking depressed. Oh, cry me a river.
Lucky Lucky Lucky
I also opened the dessert wine thinking that it would stop me from going to buy a Belgium Chocolate ice-cream but then my friend changed her FB profile picture and this made me want the ice-cream. So big fail there.


You Don't Need To Have Kids To Go On Swings
I tigressed.
Once the rain had stopped and I'd opened two bottles of wine and devoured an ice-cream, I decided to head to the Ferris Wheel, or Kanransha in Japanese, because it only cost a buck to ride and I thought it would be fun.
I chose the red 'car'. It was only me. I had a sip of sake as I went round.

I always have a drink in things that are above ground. When in a ski lift, I quaff brandy. When in a cable car, like the one in Lebanon that was such fun and totally Blade Runner, I opened a bottle of wine, and today, well, I got the sake out.

The ride lasted about 4 minutes. When I got out the lady gave me a present. It was a lucky four leaf clover.

After the big wheel, I went on the swing, even though there were lots of workers in the area, raking d'is and d'at and giving me funny looks.
When I was considering having kids, I wrote down a pros and cons. In the pros was, 'Get to go on swings as an adult' but then I thought that even as an adult, and being bigger than kids, I could still go on swings, so I decided not to breed after all.

After the swings I came home and poured myself a glass of dessert wine. I am also brewing some more coffee to have enema number two today - cos I kanransha.




1 comment:

Rhys said...

When people suggest "you need to get out more", I'm not sure this is what they meant.

On the other hand, the view is splendid.