So yesterday was 'Bunka Sigh' or 'Culture Festival' for those not in the Far Out.
I visited the tea room, my favourite thing to do at the festival, because it's free and I like watching the ceremony; it's soothing, calming, which mean the same thing.
The kid in the dark blue and white kimono (standing in the above pic) is one of my junior high school students. I met her parents yesterday. When she was about 4, they lived in SF. Both her mother and father are doctors. She's a great kid, one of the few in the school of 1000+ students, who actually bothers to embrace English.
I was at the stand for English Club for a while. Two of the members complained that nobody was visiting us. I said, 'Welcome to reality' and then went on to say, 'Nobody gives a toss about English in Japan. I mean, really, we have 4.5 members in English Club. 4.5 members out of 1200 students. It's pathetic. Let's eat the cookies ourselves. Fck 'em.'
Or words to that effect.
The summer kimonos the girls were wearing were beautiful. I've tried wearing a kimono in the past but I wind up looking like a freak. Note to self: Put Judith's 'yukata' in the post.
I have a day off today, and tomorrow. I should get motivated and go out.
I might try to ride the Ferris Wheel today.
Maybe I should go to the seaside and rent an eco bike.
Get high.
Traditional Japanese clogs are called 'Geta'. Whenever I see 'geta' I imagine what it must have sounded like in Japan when all the people wore was this kind of footwear. I imagine the sound of the wooden heels upon the streets. Clip clop clip clop.

I visited the tea room, my favourite thing to do at the festival, because it's free and I like watching the ceremony; it's soothing, calming, which mean the same thing.
The kid in the dark blue and white kimono (standing in the above pic) is one of my junior high school students. I met her parents yesterday. When she was about 4, they lived in SF. Both her mother and father are doctors. She's a great kid, one of the few in the school of 1000+ students, who actually bothers to embrace English.
I was at the stand for English Club for a while. Two of the members complained that nobody was visiting us. I said, 'Welcome to reality' and then went on to say, 'Nobody gives a toss about English in Japan. I mean, really, we have 4.5 members in English Club. 4.5 members out of 1200 students. It's pathetic. Let's eat the cookies ourselves. Fck 'em.'
Or words to that effect.
The summer kimonos the girls were wearing were beautiful. I've tried wearing a kimono in the past but I wind up looking like a freak. Note to self: Put Judith's 'yukata' in the post.
I have a day off today, and tomorrow. I should get motivated and go out.
I might try to ride the Ferris Wheel today.
Maybe I should go to the seaside and rent an eco bike.
Get high.
Traditional Japanese clogs are called 'Geta'. Whenever I see 'geta' I imagine what it must have sounded like in Japan when all the people wore was this kind of footwear. I imagine the sound of the wooden heels upon the streets. Clip clop clip clop.
Here's me in 2005, when I was a nice, happy person and the only evil in me was my fear and loathing of fork biters.
![]() |
| So sweet and lovely |
| Sesame Ramen With Korean Seaweed (I won't touch Japanese seaweed these days) Fck toast and cereal. |

No comments:
Post a Comment