Tuesday, February 7, 2012

will power


Before I leave Japan, I want to lose weight, and I want to stop talking to myself, especially the swearing.
Everyday, if something goes wrong, like water splashing on the floor because I ran the tap at full power by mistake, I say, 'm'fcking kant'.
This is not good.
So two things.
Lose weight.
Stop using foul language.
Fck, this is going to be so hard.

6 comments:

Dave F said...

Want to lose weight without all the deprivation and sweaty stuff? Google David Gillespie and his two books Sweet Poison and The Sweet Poison Quit Plan. It's brilliant stuff, not a diet, not a con weight loss regime...Just good science and it works.
As for the farnarkling language..it will change with your demeanor...no probs!

Rhys said...

There's some truth in that.

I like to kid myself that my nasty and often medieval mutterings ("thou rank scut!") are a break from all that higher-order thinking in rococo-carved paragraphs I usually do. But really, I enjoy it and it keeps me from hitting inanimate objects that are failing to conform to my world view.

So maybe you can keep the swearing if you start devising a more interesting class of invective. "By the blessed balls of the Baptist!", "Sweet Jesus's knob-end!" "Goat-spawned flatulent mendicant!"

Thus does the valve on the pressure cooker of life merrily whistle, averting dinner on the ceiling.

Either that or subsume the urge to curse like a lubber in authentic pirate talk.

judith said...

Tee hee, remember when we first 'met'? I never used the F-word, either said aloud or written. Now I'm like a f'ing sailor... from Boston! I remember my mom telling her foul mouthed sister that cursing like a sailor was a show of ignorance. Like Rhys said, it's just easier, rolls right off your tongue.

judith said...

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Rhys said...

Juliane Moore, who is a ridiculously hot actress actually OLDER THAN ME, did a guest spot on the comedy "30 Rock" where she pulled off a credible Boston accent...I thought I'd gone to heaven.

Yes, I have a weakness for broad "a"s and Irish gingertude. Even vintage gingertude.

judith said...

She was so funny on that show. No, I don't have a Boston accent, it's a Texas twang. But I spout the obscene words like a Bostonian.