Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Where'd my house go?

 I feel bad for all the cats I've buried on the land over the years.
The tall building is my school



In other news, I calculated that I have saved $36,000 this year.
Not bad, eh.
It would have been a million dollars if I hadn't numbed the nightmare with a bottle of wine almost every day, but hey ho, I deserved some kind of luxury, and I guess the wine saw me through the first two terms.
I'm not so into it now though. Indeed, I'm totally off booze.
Anyway, not to tigress, if I give myself a budget of $500 a month - which on the boat is a lot for me (I was averaging $250 a month in 2007/2010) - I can live for 5.3 years off this money, which takes me to nearly 50 years old. WTF.
I've taken into consideration the money I owe to the boat yard for this year, by the way.
If on land, $500 also goes very far in my world, given that I tend to gravitate towards places where the cost of living is really low.
I also have the option to take 'time out' from travel and go and hole up at my flat in Turkey, with earning potential in the summers if I feel the need to top up the Freedom Kitty in the form of teaching English to neighbors and such likes.
Or I can head to South Africa and spend some of the money I make there from renting out my flat.
And when it's not rented - I wish it wasn't so popular - I can hang out there.
I'm fcking sorted in life.
Of course, I am in love, I am loved, but that's another world.
I am focusing on my world for now because it's a world that I can count on.
2005

Plus I have my other savings and two paid-for flats in my little empire.

Oh, and a paid-for pleasure vessel.

Not bad for a 43 year old, with a crappy 2.2 degree in American Studies, who has never been married and who was merely English teaching FILTH - Failed In London Tried Honshu - for 17 years.
Not bad at all.
Now all I hope and pray for is a relatively long and healthy life.

5 comments:

Jolea said...

I love you Maria! And I love your life! You really do have it all sorted out... mine is a total mess. :)

222 said...

Na, yours isn't a total mess because you can always come to AJ, always, so in a way you have a boat in your inventory, too.
:)
Hey, I do hope your friend is okay.
:(

Rhys said...

It's not just a matter of prayer, otherwise you'd be badgering your American readers to vote for Rick Santorum.

judith said...

Have you googled the word Santorum? Jolea's friend told me to do it. I wish I hadn't.

They bulldozed your old house? Wow, did you know that they were doing that? Did you have anything left over there? What happened to your heated table?

Rhys said...

Apparently, Santorum actually beat Romney in the Iowa caucus.

I felt dirty just typing that.