Thursday, January 19, 2012

Night Camper

I'm not going to go skiing this weekend because the weather is good on Saturday but dodgy on Sunday and I want to go on Sunday because, as a Worker, I don't want to have to get up early on Saturday morning, I would rather take it easy, and go on Sunday, all refreshed and with chores behind me, so this weekend is gonna be scrapped, and instead I'll cycle on Saturday and chore on Sunday.
Actually, I'm dying to go skiing. I might still go on Saturday. I'll see how I feel on the morrow.


But, the following weekend, I shall go, and then I shall also go on Tuesday, the last day of January, given that I have no school that day and it only costs $60 all inclusive (bus/ski lift pass) and what's cool about this day is that one of my English Club students wants to come, with another classmate, so yiphee, company, and how sweet that she doesn't mind hanging out with her teacher.

I'll have to take one of Grampy's socks to cover the beer I'll be drinking on the bus in the morning, but hey, I never claimed to be a role model.
I'll also have to 'get lost' when I fancy cracking open a self-heating can of Sake.


But what fun, going with these kids.
I tell ya, having 2 students in my English Club, out of a school numbering 1000, is a pretty sorry state of affairs, but This Is Japan.
Regardless, the wonderful thing is that these 'You are the 1%' kids are getting better and better and better at speaking and 'hearing' English, plus they get to think and talk about different things, and yay, I am so happy to be there for this part of their education.
I am very proud of them for being interested in English, and I tell them this each time they rock up to club.

I also have the 7/8th Feb off so I am going to book two VERY cheap ($40 each, all inclusive) trips for the 7/8 but won't return home on the night of the 7th, instead I will stay at a cheap hotel in the Big City for the night, so that I don't have to get up super early and so on.

So excited, I fcking love skiing and staying in hotels.
There's also another weekday when I don't have to work, later on in Feb, so I shall go skiing then, too.
Weekday skiing rocks because there aren't many folks on the slopes.
The local mosque yesterday

I used to go skiing on Thursdays when I was a university teacher and the uni was out from mid-Jan and I'd have Thursdays off, even though I was still being paid for a 5 day week.
Yeah, I forgot about that. For about 6 years I worked 4 days at school, 1 day at the uni, which would mean that from mid-Jan, I was on a 4 day week.
Cushy or what!
I realise that this is a boring post but I felt like typing something.
Tonight I made a Ground Chicken, Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Fresh Rosemary Soup.


No comments: