Thursday, January 12, 2012

my 'scope for 2012

Aries (Mar21/Apr20)

You’ll be taking a closer look at relationships for the majority of 2012. (Fck that's all I need)
Between January and early October, you’ll be carefully evaluating your closest alliances. (I'd rather January till end of January)
Any partnership that feels outmoded, burdensome, or toxic will fall by the wayside. (It has been toxic)
Alternately, you will form stronger friendships with people who want the best for you. 
Joining forces with a business or romantic partner who is serious, experienced, and diplomatic will make life much easier in the first 10 months of the year. (Not business, never romantic again, but possibly potential crew?)
Once October gets under way, you’ll face down some fears that held you back in the past. (Going south in the boat for a few months?)
Breaking through emotional barriers will feel tremendously liberating. (Not feeling fcked up anymore will feel  tremendously liberating.)
Don’t hesitate to go into therapy, join a support group, or expressing your frustrations through artwork. (Artwork? Painting the bottom of the boat?)
Paring down debt will become another priority in the last two months of the year. (Yay. I don't have this problem and never have cos I never bought full price watermelons or ordered cocktails in bars.)
Consolidate your loans, reduce your interest rates, and pay off those credit cards. (You talkin' to me? You got the wrong chick!)
If you stay focused, you could become completely debt free by next year. (Fck off already. I have never been in debt)
Not having to worry about money is the greatest gift you can give yourself. (I disagree. The greatest gift I can give myself is a head that is clear of regrets.)


The relationship is not over but it is a mess. It is a mess because it became a huge snowball of regrets that kept on getting bigger and bigger, instead of melting and getting smaller and smaller via getting fixed when it needed to be prioritised over other things that got fixed or done instead. We are both at the end of our tethers. Me, for obvious reasons. He, because I am so damaged, so sick, so crazy. I would still like it to work but I am like a rabbit at a waterhole on a dark night in the Nkorho Pan.

1 comment:

Rhys said...

Your similes are better travelled than you are, Perkins, at least lately (I do not count "Arid Zone" as "travel", esp. with all that blasphemy lurking under every bush/wig/floppy hat).

Here's hoping you make your own fate in 2012, instead of reading about it in a horrorscoop.