Friday, January 27, 2012

karanotokay

Woke up at 4am.
Went to bed at 9pm.
Nice deep sleep.
I do sleep well.
Love my hot water bottles.
However, I feel constantly tired.
I've been stressed for months now.
This is the reason.
Ergo, I can't wait to be finally free and not have anything to do but things I want to do.
I should start looking for flights out of here.
This post is boring.
Yesterday a student came up to me after class and asked me a question about a word I'd taught them but the real reason she came up to me after class was to hand me a note with her email on it. It said

I want to go to karaoke with you. Please keep this a secret from everyone.

How cute.
Actually, if there's one thing I hate almost as much as fork biting, it's karaoke.
I have never been able to get into it.
Ever.
Whilst I don't think the Japanese do it for the sake of exhibitionism (they are too humble a people; the number of speed walkers in this country attests to that), I just don't dig it. It's too default. It's the Starbucks of Socialising, or SOS for short.


I know, I've over analysed karaoke. Shoot me.
But I would like to hang out with the kid if she wants to hang out with me.
I think she's friends with another girl who has shared her email with me.
Maybe we can think of something else to do.
Go to the Miso Museum or something.


The other day I bought three (they were so cheap, I can always give them to orphans) bladeless fans for 100 yen each. That's like a buck thirty.
USB powered.
I just imagined being on the boat when it's hot and really diggin' one of these.

Right. Time to release my coffee enema.
WHOOSH!

3 comments:

Rhys said...

Whilst I do a bit of singing at basement jam sessions, etc., I have never karaoke'd.

The whole idea seems rendolent of processed cheese.

Rhys said...

Oh, and congratulations on your purchase of Hecate's Cervix.

222 said...

Gotta look that up!