So anyway, yesterday I had a conversation in English with one of my prodigy students from 2008 who will graduate soon.
She's the kid that went on to get a boating license.
I asked her how her vacation had been.
She went skiing.
I asked where.
It was where I usually go because it's only 2.5 hours from here.
So they have snow now! Great!
I asked her what she was going to do after graduating.
Go to work for a company, not go to college.
All the time her friend was watching and listening to us, and you could tell she was super impressed that her mate was able to converse so naturally and with confidence in English.
I was happy to see that at least one student can show some fruits from the loom of 6 years of English study in Japan.
It is a rare thing.
If only this school was keeping its junior high with its awesome proven English curriculum.
Sigh.
Anyway, even though I'd love to hit the slopes this weekend, I am absolutely fcking exhausted, both mentally and physically.
So I shall go next weekend instead. Unless the weather's crap. I only like skiing under blue skies.

She's the kid that went on to get a boating license.
I asked her how her vacation had been.
She went skiing.
I asked where.
It was where I usually go because it's only 2.5 hours from here.
So they have snow now! Great!
I asked her what she was going to do after graduating.
Go to work for a company, not go to college.
All the time her friend was watching and listening to us, and you could tell she was super impressed that her mate was able to converse so naturally and with confidence in English.
I was happy to see that at least one student can show some fruits from the loom of 6 years of English study in Japan.
It is a rare thing.
If only this school was keeping its junior high with its awesome proven English curriculum.
Sigh.
Anyway, even though I'd love to hit the slopes this weekend, I am absolutely fcking exhausted, both mentally and physically.
So I shall go next weekend instead. Unless the weather's crap. I only like skiing under blue skies.
4 comments:
Me too, don't want to ski in a blizzard.
If it's cloudy/snowy, you can't find the cap to your flask when it becomes subject to a local outbreak of gravity, amirite?
I've sucked Calvados out of the snow after the cap to my hip flask came off during an unsuccessful Black run.
I knew on some level you'd have an anecdote on this topic.
And I didn't need a horrorscoop.
Post a Comment