Sunday, January 22, 2012

and so on

New tights and $1 skirt

I just went out for a short bike ride - it's still pretty early here -  to get some circulation going in my body.
It's got to the point where I am fine lying in bed all day on the weekends.
It's become normal. It's not normal. It's fcked.
Polishing my Fidelity boots yesterday

Uh. Bring on retirement and inspiration.
A local reservoir this morning

Saying that, I am going to go skiing as of next week, indeed, I shall go and book a few trips today, having decided to go skiing on the days I have off during the week - one on the 31st  and two in the first week of Feb - plus a weekend trip here and there, but first I'm gonna book the weekday trips.

As I'll be 'downtown' to book the tickets today, I shall nip over to the castle to take some pics of it in the winter.

Other than the above, it's going to be a pretty lame day.

Which is fine by me because in 8 weeks time I'm going to be rejoicing in Total Freedom and it's going to feel so good this time round. 

Truly, this year has been the worst year of my life, my life, not the life of others who have real struggles, but my life - it's all relative - and eventually I will be proud of myself for seeing it through, for saving as much as I did, and for coming out the other side confident, instead of the blithering wreck I entered the country as.

For sure, I did bugger all here but work Monday to Friday and cycle in circles, but it's not as if I really had things I wanted to do. I've grown out of clubbing (I still want to dance on my deck and on the beaches of distant shores though), I don't do bars, I don't do malls, I don't do gyms, I don't do tea ceremony classes, I don't do karaoke.

And the things I really wanted to do - like travel all over the place each weekend - couldn't get done because travel and accommodation in Japan gobbles up your yen like there's no tomorrow, and I'd rather leave this year with a thick wad of cash, than leave the year with a thin wad and some memories.

I have plenty of time - as long as I don't die soon - to create wonderful new memories, doing all the things I love doing.

Yes.
I am excited.
I just need to figure out what my first destination will be.
Ah, decisions decisions.
My new camera with the GPS takes nice flower photos

No comments: