Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"you lot are pretty obsessed with your reader numbers"

Another comment from an 'anon'.

I think you will find that 'us lot' are tongue-in-cheek about our 'reader numbers'.
Haven't you figured out by now that the people you referred to as 'you lot', are two people plotting their respective escapes from a lifetime of being shackled to desks and mundane day to day drudgery?
There ain't no dog pooh traipsed into my school. Did you know that the students are responsible for cleaning the schools in Japan?

And do you really expect people like 'us' to be bothered about our 'reader numbers'?
If I get one reader a day, or my current tally of 66 - given that I verge on being classed as 'evil' for my preference for furry animals over those things being produced at a rate of over 500,000 each day - it makes no difference to my life or my future how many people 'read' this blog.
My old house is up there on the right at the top of the road. 

Indeed, I have tried to keep this blog away from major traffic this year because I don't like it, it's not my best stab at life so far, it's the log of a failed year, and so on.

And I don't think the other person you were referring to gives one jot either.
I merely offered to 'link' here so that the readers of this blog could have a read of his well thought out views on pensions.
It was more for discussion purposes, than boosting readership numbers. I think you will find that the embedded readership of this blog is not as 'literal' in their take on life as the recent 'anons' who have found this blog, and  if you think that 'we lot' give a pickled plum about our readership figures, then you have never known what types Water World attracts.

Okay, maybe that was a tad defensive, but I do find that people's ability to pick up on humor these days is somewhat on the wane, and I blame this on new forms of 'entertainment', like constant texting on phones about the mundane, 'reality shows' and computer gaming. I think that people are losing the art of bringing colour into communication, and if it's not literal, it's not 'got'.
Like this comment from either the same 'anon' or another 'anon' illustrates, regarding my play on words in the post about camel toes and Italian restaurants.





 Anonymous said...













I thought fellacio was something women did to men

I rest my case.

Quick rant (BBC radio makes me as sick as microwaving kittens does. Fck you BBC for your one-sided coverage of the new Libya. I hate you.) Rant over.

But whilst on the subject of  'blog counters' and waking up far too fcking early - crap, it's stupid o'clock - I court my 'site meter' because it's interesting  *ha ha the radio just said 'interesting' as I typed interesting*  to see where folks are popping in from.
For example, lately I've picked up a reader from Brazil and I'm like, 'Poor fck to have found this blog whilst in such an amazing country as Brazil.' Run quickly, my child, before it's too late.
Or I like the site counter because I can figure out where the kant commentors are from; it's usually either the UK or the eastern US, and so on, but whether I get one reader a day, or however many, it makes no difference to me and the fact that I'm gonna be free from this drudgery in a few months time.
Yiphee.
And thank fck.
Indeed, I'm gonna get to practice da freedom or PDF for short, in just over two weeks.
Thank fck.
I am going crazy here.
Lots of blogging about stupid shit equals 'going crazy'.
And it looks like Mexico is definiknittly on the cards, so it's gonna be sun, yard grit, snow, Sin City, and some Nevada desert camping. Then back to work for two months with a light schedule, and then d'ats gonna be it.
I will leave the Japan building.
Thank you and good morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, this rhys character is in love with you

222 said...

You are obviously are not a regular of this blog, or any of the hundreds of blogs that came before it.
Nor do you understand the friendship that is born of a mutual interest in ships.
You're thinking like landlubbers think, where if folks help out with advice, it means they want to fck you.
Water World is different.

Rhys said...

I am? That'll surprise the missus.

Zero points for reading comprehension, Anon. I'm sorry, but you're being kept back a grade.